Learning Jet - First of it's Kind

Started by A.Member, August 27, 2014, 04:14:57 PM

A.Member

This is a very cool and innovative idea:

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/08/26/boeing-727-transformed-into-st-paul-classroom/#at_pco=cfd-1.0

It'd be neat to get some other aircraft from the boneyards and do something similar.  Every kid that attends will remember going to class in the airplane.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Eclipse

Awesome idea - I'll take one for my yard, however my guess is that unless they find something beyond "cool, a plane"
in terms of curriculum and access, they will be towing it out in about 5 years.

I could see this being an "annual" thing for kids of a certain age, as a science elective or add-on,
but beyond that, it's just a cool looking trailer classroom.

At least its an NFP, so the taxpayers aren't funding it (yet).

"That Others May Zoom"

Garibaldi

Cadet 1: "We meet at an Air Force Base!"
Cadet 2: "So? We meet at an airport!"
Cadet 3: "Oh yeah? We meet at an airport and have our own plane!"
Cadet 4: "Please. We meet IN a plane!"
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

FedEx has been donating many of their B-727-200 Freighters as they retire them.

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Eclipse on August 27, 2014, 07:19:49 PM
Awesome idea - I'll take one for my yard,

If your city code allows an airplane in the yard I'm moving next door. My landlord got a nasty gram from the cops for parking his truck in the yard :P.

Garibaldi

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on August 28, 2014, 01:54:59 AM

Quote from: Eclipse on August 27, 2014, 07:19:49 PM
Awesome idea - I'll take one for my yard,

If your city code allows an airplane in the yard I'm moving next door. My landlord got a nasty gram from the cops for parking his truck in the yard :P.

Cop 1: "How do we handle this, Zeke?"
Cop 2: "I'unno. Last time, we called the FAA and they laughed at us. Mebbe we should call the Air Force?"
Cop 1: "Huh. Mebbe so. Them's got one of them heli-o-copter thangs they can use to haul it outta here."
Cop 2: "Saves us from having to write one o' them ticket thangs. Bubba ain't here, he's the only one who knows how to write one."
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Eclipse

I've found that there is very little that can't be ignored by a village inspector with the
proper application of tree and shrubs, assuming, of course, you aren't generally a PITA
to your neighbors.

"That Others May Zoom"

Al Sayre

Or better yet, do your homework before you buy, stipulate no HOA or zoning restrictions when talking to your realtor...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787