Main Menu

Moto Restored!

Started by Brit_in_CAP, August 26, 2014, 12:54:53 PM

Brit_in_CAP

We've had a prospective cadet with us for a few weeks and he told us recently that he'd applied for admission to one of the military schools in our state.

That begin a boarding school we suggested he wait to apply for CAP membership until he knew for certain what was happening with his schooling.

The young man did gain admission to the school so he won't be joining CAP.

His mother wrote to me thanking the squadron for what we did for her son in the few weeks he was with us, and commenting on his improved self-discipline, focus and motivation, all of which she attributed to his time with the squadron.

Motivation quotient restored!

ColonelJack

Not all of our success stories wear the uniform.  Well done!

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

Brit_in_CAP

A delayed addendum to this, which added to the Moto Quo for 2014.

Arrived at the meeting last night to see an unfamiliar figure in uniform.  Haircut screamed "RECRUIT!"  Odd....not a familiar cammo pattern (our uniformed visitors tend to be Army National Guard or Reserve, for some reason).......

I introduce myself and check the name and service tabs on the uniform....USAF, name vaguely familiar....

Introduce myself, only to get "I know, Sir, have I changed that much...!"  Well, gosh, Airman, it looks like you have!

Turned out to be one of our former cadets who left us prior to graduation from High School and then enlisted.  He had been sent home for convalescence due to a minor but training-halting injury, and he'll be back at Lackland in due course.  It was most pleasing to see that he had gotten past the family issues that had caused his departure from CAP, and that he's headed for an aircraft maintenance MOS.

I did joke that, BITD, convalescence would have been on base, to keep the moto high but times change!