Main Menu

Tracking Awards

Started by Devil Doc, July 18, 2014, 01:12:41 PM

Devil Doc

Hello,

Does anybody know which awards are tracked on Paperless Wing, or eServices? Also, Why are certain ones tracked, and certain ones are not?
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

AlphaSigOU

Other than the cadet milestone awards (Wright Brothers, Mitchell, Earhart, Eaker and Spaatz) and the Gill Robb Wilson, no other awards and decorations are currently tracked in eServices.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

KF6YVD

If you log into E-Services and access your account, look at training under My Accomplishments.

Your professional development awards are tracked there.
Steven A. Lindquist
SWR-NM-811 Communications Officer
SWR-NM-811 Information Technologies Officer
SWR-NM-811 Asst. Cadet Programs Officer
SWR-NM-811 Asst. Leadership Officer
Amateur Radio Callsign - KF6YVD

AlphaSigOU

Totally forgot about the lesser PD awards, though they don't carry an award number like the GRW. The Yeager award also has a certificate number but it is not tracked in the accomplishments part of eServices.
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

ColonelJack

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on July 18, 2014, 02:26:16 PM
Totally forgot about the lesser PD awards, though they don't carry an award number like the GRW. The Yeager award also has a certificate number but it is not tracked in the accomplishments part of eServices.

Yeagers are numbered?  I didn't know that.  Mine's so old it's not even a Yeager ... it's an AEPSM Award.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

Devil Doc

OK, so my next question is. How about the Comm Comm Award? or 2 year Serivce Ribbon? Or Find Ribbon. How is this tracked, and does it show up on a electronic form? eServices I am guessing you have to keep track of them yourself?
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

Eclipse

Track yourself - keep the 120.  No electronic tracking of decorations beyond the ones which have an activity,
test, or training tied to them, and then only in the abstract of that and not the dec itself.

"That Others May Zoom"

AlphaSigOU

NHQ is supposedly rolling out a electronic CAPF 120 module for eServices later this year - not sure if - or how - the module will track decorations. Shouldn't be much of a stretch to create a module for service awards.
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on July 18, 2014, 04:35:52 PM
NHQ is supposedly rolling out a electronic CAPF 120 module for eServices later this year - not sure if - or how - the module will track decorations. Shouldn't be much of a stretch to create a module for service awards.
No supposedly about it, it's currently on the test portal.

Just a note, currently Award Recommendation and Recommendation for Decoration point to the same page.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

Camas

Quote from: Devil Doc on July 18, 2014, 04:27:25 PM
OK, so my next question is. How about the Comm Comm Award? or 2 year Serivce Ribbon? Or Find Ribbon. How is this tracked, and does it show up on a electronic form? eServices I am guessing you have to keep track of them yourself?
For most of these a CAPF2a is submitted and approved by the unit commander. It is then simply placed in the member's file and then he or she is good to go.  I'm sure there are exceptions but those are all covered in CAPR 39-3.

Devil Doc

Ok, So if somebody submitted you for a reward, and dont tell you, and or forgot, How do you know if it was Approved?
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

LSThiker

Quote from: Devil Doc on July 18, 2014, 06:37:33 PM
Ok, So if somebody submitted you for a reward, and dont tell you, and or forgot, How do you know if it was Approved?

Award, not reward.

However, you do not.  I have received Commander's Commendations 2, 3, 4 years after being awarded them.  I found out by accident really.  They were awarded, supposed to be mailed, but were forgotten about. 

Devil Doc

Ya, I am sorry, I am typing too fast yes AWARDED. So pretty much, there is no system like the military uses to track you awards?
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

jeders

Quote from: Devil Doc on July 18, 2014, 06:43:40 PM
Ya, I am sorry, I am typing too fast yes AWARDED. So pretty much, there is no system like the military uses to track you awards?

Exactly.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Tim Medeiros

So, I had the forethought to ask the devs working on the Awards Application a question along the lines of:

QuoteFinally, just a simple curious question, will there be a section in Member Search where we can see the decorations of the member we are viewing?
The response I received was:
QuoteYes there will be a section in Member Search under the training tab that will display this information.
1577/2811

AlphaSigOU

Now for all previous awards prior to the rollout of the decorations module... will the personnel officer/director of personnel be able to manually input previous awards - of course, if the proper proof is submitted (award certificate, personnel authorization, etc.)?
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on July 19, 2014, 01:51:26 PM
Now for all previous awards prior to the rollout of the decorations module... will the personnel officer/director of personnel be able to manually input previous awards - of course, if the proper proof is submitted (award certificate, personnel authorization, etc.)?
Last I heard, there will be a window in which certain personnel could enter old awards.
1577/2811

James Shaw

Quote from: Devil Doc on July 18, 2014, 01:12:41 PM
Hello,

Does anybody know which awards are tracked on Paperless Wing, or eServices? Also, Why are certain ones tracked, and certain ones are not?

The SMV, BMV, and DSA are tracked at NHQ but not online.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: capsafety on July 20, 2014, 09:53:37 PM
Hello,

With the online decorations application, those, plus Exceptional, Meritorious , Commanders Commendation (all levels), Life Saving, Achievement, and Unit Citation Awards are all tracked.  There is also a field for "other".  Hopefully items on the CAPF2a will follow suit later on.
1577/2811

Eclipse

Quote from: Tim Medeiros on July 20, 2014, 10:06:41 PM
Quote from: capsafety on July 20, 2014, 09:53:37 PM
Hello,

With the online decorations application, those, plus Exceptional, Meritorious , Commanders Commendation (all levels), Life Saving, Achievement, and Unit Citation Awards are all tracked.  There is also a field for "other".  Hopefully items on the CAPF2a will follow suit later on.

How do we get historical awards into the system?

"That Others May Zoom"