Main Menu

A NEW Little L-per!

Started by CAPSGT, April 21, 2005, 01:31:58 AM

CAPSGT

That's right guys, the old Little L-per (model LH-10 or LH-16) that we've all come to know and love has been discontinued.  While not available for purchase yet, L-Tronics has come out with a new model of the Little L-per.

The new one is waterproof up to 10 feet of water, has a digital display, and is designed for easy mounting in a vehicle without a separate meter.  It also has dual antenna inputs for left-right AND front-rear monitoring with external antennas.  The case is durable plastic with a built in fold up handle and antennas for hand-held DFing. 

As of now, the unit has recieved FCC type acceptance as well as approval for use in Canada and Europe.  The electronics have been produced for the first 100 units, but they are having trouble with the durability of the casing itself.  The goal is to have them ready to ship in May at the earliest.

http://www.ltronics.com/newstuff.htm
MICHAEL A. CROCKETT, Lt Col, CAP
Assistant Communications Officer, Wicomico Composite Squadron

MIKE

I can hear it now:

"Sir, what does Fore and Aft mean?"

;D
Mike Johnston

abysmal

Quote from: CAPSGT on April 21, 2005, 01:31:58 AM
That's right guys, the old Little L-per (model LH-10 or LH-16) that we've all come to know and love has been discontinued.  While not available for purchase yet, L-Tronics has come out with a new model of the Little L-per.

The new one is waterproof up to 10 feet of water, has a digital display, and is designed for easy mounting in a vehicle without a separate meter.  It also has dual antenna inputs for left-right AND front-rear monitoring with external antennas.  The case is durable plastic with a built in fold up handle and antennas for hand-held DFing. 

As of now, the unit has recieved FCC type acceptance as well as approval for use in Canada and Europe.  The electronics have been produced for the first 100 units, but they are having trouble with the durability of the casing itself.  The goal is to have them ready to ship in May at the earliest.

http://www.ltronics.com/newstuff.htm

They have been advertising that new unit for quite some time now.
Still with no hard release date.
2LT Christopher M. Parrett
[red]Deputy Commander of Cadets, Cadet Programs Officer[/red]
London Bridge Composite Squadron 501
SWR-AZ-112,  Lake Havasu City, Arizona

Schmidty06

*prints a picture and hangs it on wall, where posters of cars, trucks and hot women should be*

abysmal

Quote from: Schmidty06 on April 24, 2005, 12:10:01 AM
*prints a picture and hangs it on wall, where posters of cars, trucks and hot women should be*

Gee, I didn't realize you were THAT lonely !!

Schmidty06

Well, I'm not quite THAT bad. :P However, being the gear geek that I am, I absolutely can not wait for this new piece of equipment to come out.

abysmal

Quote from: Schmidty06 on April 25, 2005, 03:36:30 AM
Well, I'm not quite THAT bad. :P However, being the gear geek that I am, I absolutely can not wait for this new piece of equipment to come out.

I think he has quite a few customers waiting on it.

Schmidty06

That might be an understatement.

abysmal

Quote from: Schmidty06 on April 27, 2005, 01:12:55 AM
That might be an understatement.

Well, lets just hope that he is really taking his time so the first release units will be BUG FREE.
That alone would make the wait worth the time.

Schmidty06

Greg

The price for the new L-Per is going to be sold for $750, according to the L-Tronics website.  Does anybody remember what the old ones cost?
C/Maj Greg(ory) Boyajian, CAP
Air Victory Museum Composite Squadron

whatevah

list price on the site says... for the single band (121 mhz) lists for $460, and dual-band (121 and 243) lists for $535

dunno how much they cost to CAP, though
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

SarDragon

Quote from: whatevah on May 08, 2005, 08:28:32 PM
list price on the site says... for the single band (121 mhz) lists for $460, and dual-band (121 and 243) lists for $535

dunno how much they cost to CAP, though
What's that link? Sounds like you have an old page in your cache or something, cuz it sez $750 right here:

http://www.ltronics.com/index.html
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

whatevah

750 is for the new yellow model.  the old one (the only people are using now) is listed at http://www.ltronics.com/prices.htm    I gave the prices for models LH-10 and LH-16
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

Mac

Quote from: whatevah on May 08, 2005, 10:58:28 PM
750 is for the new yellow model.  the old one (the only people are using now) is listed at http://www.ltronics.com/prices.htm    I gave the prices for models LH-10 and LH-16

There is only one problem with that. Right above the price for eht old LH-10 and LH-16 is says "NO LONGER AVAILABLE" they stopped making them a little  over 2 years ago. so good luck finding one of the old ones.
Derk MacPherson, Lt Col, CAP
Vice Commander
Alaska Wing, PCR-AK-001

whatevah

that's exactly what Greg wanted to know.  "Does anybody remember what the old ones cost?"  :)
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin