If you were a gambling man...

Started by Panache, May 20, 2014, 09:42:54 AM

Do you think the new 39-1 will be released before 01 June 2014?

Yes. I have faith.
12 (17.1%)
No. It won't happen.
41 (58.6%)
Kinda. It'll be another draft version released for comments.
7 (10%)
I hope not, as that is one of the pre-ordained signs of the Apocalypse.
10 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Voting closed: May 31, 2014, 09:42:54 AM

Angus

Quote from: CyBorg on May 28, 2014, 05:45:42 PM
Quote from: lordmonar on May 28, 2014, 05:46:57 AM
Have you asked?   No really....have you submitted a white paper to the NUC with your concerns and possible solutions?
That's not too much to ask, is it?

IF, IF, I post my White Paper for the third time, will you please review and critique?  I am asking this as a favour from a former enlisted ANG Airman and current CAP Captain to a retired USAF SNCO and current CAP SNCO.

It is very well organised, I think - I have done technical and business writing and am experienced with drafting proposals.  It has explanations for all my positions and photographs, phase-in/phase-out times (taken from my experience in systems analysis), and is relatively short and more minimum-change than you might think.

I am asking this to see if, in YOUR opinion, it would stand any sort of chance.  I would not ask for your opinion if I did not want it.

Quote from: Angus on May 28, 2014, 01:42:16 PM
We did have a nicer corporate uniform however it went away because of the it's creator.  If that had gone through the correct vetting process it might still exist in some shape or form today.

But it does not, unfortunately, and it is seeming to become The Uniform Topic That Shall Not Be Named.

I'd be interested in seeing the proposal you have.  PM it to me. 

And yes the TPU does seem to be the uniform topic that doesn't get mentioned often.
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

NC Hokie

Quote from: Devil Doc on May 28, 2014, 06:00:00 PM
I am not saying everyone should be in Blues, But....

There are people with legitimate Weight Issues, IE: Disability. If they can wear the uniform properly nice and neat and pressed etc, why should they not?

Quite frankly, if you make exemptions for one subset of the larger/whiskered crowd, you need to exempt them all, otherwise, you're just institutionalizing what we already have now re: some of those members wearing the blues while others in the same group do not.  There's also this:

Outsider - "Why is that guy wearing a monochrome uniform?"

Member - "He can't wear the USAF style uniform because he does not meet the published height and weight requirements."

Outsider - "Oh. Why isn't that shorter, rounder guy in the same uniform?"
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

Eclipse

I don't recall >any< uniform combination referred to as the "TPU", of course them again
a lot of people still use the term "officer" as the generic for adult CAP members, even though that
was never adopted nor correct.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Quote from: NC Hokie on May 28, 2014, 06:46:22 PM

He's "Comprehensionally challenged".

"That Others May Zoom"

THRAWN

Quote from: NC Hokie on May 28, 2014, 06:46:22 PM
Quote from: Devil Doc on May 28, 2014, 06:00:00 PM
I am not saying everyone should be in Blues, But....

There are people with legitimate Weight Issues, IE: Disability. If they can wear the uniform properly nice and neat and pressed etc, why should they not?

Quite frankly, if you make exemptions for one subset of the larger/whiskered crowd, you need to exempt them all, otherwise, you're just institutionalizing what we already have now re: some of those members wearing the blues while others in the same group do not.  There's also this:

Outsider - "Why is that guy wearing a monochrome uniform?"

Member - "He can't wear the USAF style uniform because he does not meet the published height and weight requirements."

You do realize that a blue shirt and blue pants are monochrome as well, right?

Why make exemptions for anyone? There are two roads: everybody in blue or everybody in something else. Nothing makes me grind my teeth more than seeing some guy who never wore a uniform in his life strutting around in his new blues with his shiny new railroad tracks (because he is a pilot, after all...) and being treated like he is the best thing since pockets. Meanwhile, some guy who weighs a few pounds over the max is relegated to the white shirt, never mind that he got a Silver Star and lost a leg at Khe Sahn.

My point? Get seniors into their own uniforms, out of the AF uni. What should it look like? Not my call. There have been quite a few good proposals floated over the past several months but institutional inertia keeps bringing us back here.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Angus on May 28, 2014, 06:41:21 PM
I'd be interested in seeing the proposal you have.  PM it to me. 

I would, except that in PMs there doesn't seem to be a way to attach Word files, or else I just don't know how.

Quote from: THRAWN on May 28, 2014, 06:58:32 PM
My point? Get seniors into their own uniforms, out of the AF uni. What should it look like? Not my call. There have been quite a few good proposals floated over the past several months but institutional inertia keeps bringing us back here.

And that "institutional inertia" keeps bringing us back to the same point: Seniors HAVE a uniform, CAP has decided that WILL be the uniform...so suck it up and go get your grey/whites and blazer.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

THRAWN

Anybody else notice that this topic was read like 2800 times? We really need to get to work on planning and training DR ops.....
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Майор Хаткевич

That's all the F5s and look backs from the same people, generally following and posting.

Angus

Quote from: Eclipse on May 28, 2014, 06:48:01 PM
I don't recall >any< uniform combination referred to as the "TPU", of course them again
a lot of people still use the term "officer" as the generic for adult CAP members, even though that
was never adopted nor correct.

TPU was never the official name.  This was the Corporate Service Uniform created by HWSNBN. 
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

Майор Хаткевич

I remember calling it the TPU in "the field". Of course I picked up the term here on CAPTalk. :)

THRAWN

Quote from: usafaux2004 on May 28, 2014, 07:19:19 PM
I remember calling it the TPU in "the field". Of course I picked up the term here on CAPTalk. :)

I called it the "what the fudge is THAT?!!?"
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Eclipse

Quote from: Angus on May 28, 2014, 07:15:02 PM
TPU was never the official name.  This was the Corporate Service Uniform created by HWSNBN.

Which is how it should be referenced.

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

Quote from: Eclipse on May 28, 2014, 08:56:42 PM

Why?  It is not like it is a uniform anymore.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: lordmonar on May 28, 2014, 09:47:11 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on May 28, 2014, 08:56:42 PM

Why?  It is not like it is a uniform anymore.

Actually, it will always be a CAP uniform, it just isn't approved for wear - no different then
the 4-pocket jacket for seniors, green fatigues, light blue nomex flight suit or even the woodland BDU
which will shortly be sundowned in favor of the blue field uniform.

"That Others May Zoom"

Luis R. Ramos

Semantics, so it does not cause confusion in the future, if a similar uniform does get approved... Eclipse is right...
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

lordmonar

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on May 28, 2014, 10:25:43 PM
Semantics, so it does not cause confusion in the future, if a similar uniform does get approved... Eclipse is right...
Eclipse is a hypocrite.....but that's okay.

Eclipse

Quote from: lordmonar on May 29, 2014, 12:08:39 AM

Cite please.

"That Others May Zoom"

Garibaldi

Quote from: Eclipse on May 29, 2014, 12:11:02 AM

Cite please.

Bahahahahaha!!!!
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

lordmonar

Quote from: Eclipse on May 29, 2014, 12:11:02 AM

Cite please.
A....you have never brought anyone to task for saying TPU and I just searched there are at least 5 threads with TPU in the subject line.
B....you use the term BBDU all the time....when you really mean the Blue Field Uniform.
C....You must have said "blues" when you really meant USAF Service or USAF Service Dress Uniforms.

So....yeah....you are just trying to be "right" once again.

Eclipse

TPU is a derogatory term meant to denigrate the wearer (in most cases) and make a statement about
the uniform, those other terms are not.

I intended that post to make the point, not an issue with abbreviations in general.

Love it or hate it, the CSU is and always will be a CAP uniform, just as the McPeak jackets will
always be a USAF uniform.

"That Others May Zoom"