What kind of facility do you meet in?

Started by Walkman, March 25, 2014, 08:08:29 PM

The CyBorg is destroyed

^^You read my mind.  I was wondering "where are Johnny Gage and Roy DeSoto?"
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

ironputts

1st squadron - Church with 2 classrooms and parking lot for drill/PT
2nd Squadron - AR base using 1 building with full amenities
3rd squadron - municipal building with multiple rooms and large gym/auditorium for drill/pt
4th squadron - trailor near municpal airport for bird. no amenties but free
5th squadron - Church with 1 dedicated classroom and access to others minimal space for drill

None included paying for the facility. Phones and internet we had to pay for except for last squadron. This unit has been with the church since 1968. Cooperation and commuinication was the key to keep these facilities. First four locations are gone over a 20 year period.
Greg Putnam, Lt. Col., CAP

Shuman 14

Quote from: CyBorg on April 28, 2014, 08:04:00 PM

Rampart.. this is Squad 51.  ;D

Saddly, most of the kids here have no idea what we're talking about.
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

KF6YVD

Quote from: shuman14 on May 05, 2014, 12:24:43 AM

Station 51, 10-4. KMG 365. <----can you tell I am the squadron comm officer?  :-)
Steven A. Lindquist
SWR-NM-811 Communications Officer
SWR-NM-811 Information Technologies Officer
SWR-NM-811 Asst. Cadet Programs Officer
SWR-NM-811 Asst. Leadership Officer
Amateur Radio Callsign - KF6YVD

Eclipse

The 3502 Biocom Biophone still stands as the single coolest piece of technology every invented by mankind, never to be surpassed.

There are no excessive superlatives to the level of astonished amazement experienced by the average 8-10 year old the first time he
sees one of those bad boys in action.

It was the documented cause of hundreds of Space Food Stick-related choking and eye injuries.

"That Others May Zoom"

SpectreHog

My squadron meets in an office building at a local airport. Pretty small but big enough for our activities.
C/Airman David Wilson

THRAWN

Quote from: shuman14 on May 05, 2014, 12:24:43 AM

My cable system has a channel that is entirely "old" shows...EMERGENCY!, ADAM-12, Rockford....I'm loving introducing my 4 year old to all the stuff I watched as a kid. And I agree with Eclipse...that Biophone still leaves me gobsmacked.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

The CyBorg is destroyed

Julie London (Nurse Dixie) was one of my first adolescent crushes. ;)

I expected every nurse to be as pretty as her, and every physician to be as supremely competent as Doctors Brackett and Early.

My wife is a huge fan of Emergency! and we have the first couple of seasons on DVD.

I wonder...did CAP figure in any TV show like that, for SAR, "eye in the sky" helping ES people, etc?
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Papabird

Quote from: THRAWN on May 07, 2014, 01:16:12 PM
My cable system has a channel that is entirely "old" shows...EMERGENCY!, ADAM-12, Rockford....I'm loving introducing my 4 year old to all the stuff I watched as a kid. And I agree with Eclipse...that Biophone still leaves me gobsmacked.

My 10 YO twins love to watch Emergency, they started years ago when I got Season 1 on DVD.  It is on Netflix, too.  :)

Also, if you want the Bio Com Telemetry Radio and you have $238, you can get it here:  http://www.pennstatemfg.com/product.sc?productId=960

:)
Michael Willis, Lt. Col CAP
Georgia Wing

THRAWN

Quote from: Papabird on May 07, 2014, 07:13:30 PM
Quote from: THRAWN on May 07, 2014, 01:16:12 PM

My 10 YO twins love to watch Emergency, they started years ago when I got Season 1 on DVD.  It is on Netflix, too.  :)

Also, if you want the Bio Com Telemetry Radio and you have $238, you can get it here:  http://www.pennstatemfg.com/product.sc?productId=960

:)

Brother, if I came home with that, my wife would gobsmack me   :)  And about 5 seconds after I posted my last response, I was checking out the prices...lol
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

THRAWN

Quote from: CyBorg on May 07, 2014, 05:27:43 PM
Julie London (Nurse Dixie) was one of my first adolescent crushes. ;)

I expected every nurse to be as pretty as her, and every physician to be as supremely competent as Doctors Brackett and Early.

My wife is a huge fan of Emergency! and we have the first couple of seasons on DVD.

I wonder...did CAP figure in any TV show like that, for SAR, "eye in the sky" helping ES people, etc?

I have a vague memory of a show centered around a San Diego County Sheriff SAR Team called 240-Robert, and think that there was some CAP mention in that. You've given me my research project for the evening...

UPDATE:  It was LA county...big shock there....and it starred Mark Harmon...who knew? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/240-Robert
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Panache

Quote from: THRAWN on May 07, 2014, 08:42:09 PM

Brother, if I came home with that, my wife would gobsmack me   :)  And about 5 seconds after I posted my last response, I was checking out the prices...lol

But the paramedics responding to pick up the pieces would be really impressed when they got there and saw an old-school Biophone.

PHall

Quote from: Panache on May 08, 2014, 04:16:40 AM
Quote from: THRAWN on May 07, 2014, 08:42:09 PM

But the paramedics responding to pick up the pieces would be really impressed when they got there and saw an old-school Biophone.

They probably wouldn't know what it is. Remember, those came out 45 years ago... :o

Panache

Quote from: PHall on May 08, 2014, 04:19:11 AM
Quote from: Panache on May 08, 2014, 04:16:40 AM

They probably wouldn't know what it is. Remember, those came out 45 years ago... :o

"Hey, didn't I see one of these on Emergency!?"

Panache

Not to mention, at least up here, some of the paramedics are... very well seasoned.  They may have actually used one.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Panache on May 08, 2014, 04:23:57 AM

Not to mention, at least up here, some of the paramedics are... very well seasoned.  They may have actually used one.

Of course, this was back in the late '70s, but the paramedics where I grew up had one of those.

They also had a rescue squad truck identical in make and model to "Squad 51"...only the markings were different.  When they would go on a run it looked like the opening credits of Emergency!
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

blackbrandt

National Guard base.  We meet in the drill hall (and now outside).
C/MSgt Matt Fletcher

RALEIGH WAKE!!