Main Menu

First Post...

Started by blackbrandt, March 06, 2014, 09:11:19 PM

blackbrandt

Hope that this isn't in a wrong place or anything.

My name is Matt.  I am 15.  I am a staff sergeant in Raleigh Wake Composite squadron (finally passed that blasted wright brothers test, took me 3 tries). 

I am a high power rocketeer.  I launch rockets like this:

(this rocket is not mine, it is a fellow rocketeer's rocket).

Can't wait to contribute to this forum!  I am not new on online forums, I have been on a Rocketry Forum for about a year and a half. 

Anyway, if this is in the wrong place, please let me know/delete it/move it to a correct place. 

See ya!

Matt

C/MSgt Matt Fletcher

RALEIGH WAKE!!

MIKE

If your profile is to be believed, you are a little old to be a C/SSgt in CAP.
Mike Johnston

pascocap2002

Mike, he may have either joined CAP at an older age or he did not promote as fast as he should have. I was 16 years old and a Cadet Airmen. I joined CAP at an older age and Matt may have done that as well.

a2capt

Check the cadet program age window and you'll see what was meant.. :)

pascocap2002

blackbrandt

I joined last January.  I was 14 when I joined.  It took me about 3 months to pass my wright brothers test.  My sister joined at the same time and she is a master sergeant.
C/MSgt Matt Fletcher

RALEIGH WAKE!!

BFreemanMA

My colleagues are referring to the age listed in your profile, which is bit outside the cadet window.

At any rate, welcome to CAPTalk!
Brian Freeman, Capt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer
Westover Composite Squadron

blackbrandt

Ahh... I mis-typed my birth year.
C/MSgt Matt Fletcher

RALEIGH WAKE!!

MacGruff

In any case, welcome to CAPTalk and to Model Rocketry!

m981

keep em f.lying, kid. Model rockets can be the start of a great career. I know of a man who started that way in the 50s (son of Penn. miners) and completed a great career as an AF officer(numerous engineering degrees) who designed many significant items, including how we determine overseas nuclear events. The future is yours. Good luck.
LTC. CAP
Spaatz
Wilson

Eclipse

Quote from: m981 on March 07, 2014, 03:26:18 AM...how we determine overseas nuclear events. The future is yours. Good luck.

The calls go to voicemail?

"That Others May Zoom"

Private Investigator

Welcome aboard and have fun in CAP.  :clap:

Pulsar

Welcome!  ;) 

just remember to take things here not too personally.
  >:D
You should see quite a variety of opinions here... http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=18364.msg333891#msg333891
C/LtCol Neutron Star
PAWG ENC 2013/ AMMA 2014/ NER W RCLS 2014-5 [Salutatorian] / NER Powered Flight Academy 2015

"A fiery strength inspires their lives, An essence that from heaven
derives,..." - Vergil, The Aeneid

(C) Copyright 2013: Readers who choose to hardcopy my comments are entitled to specific rights, namely: you may print them off and read them repeatedly until you have memorized them and then rattle them off as if you had thought them up yourself; However if asked, you must say they were signaled to you from a neutron star.

4fhoward

QuoteYou should see quite a variety of opinions here... http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=18364.msg333891#msg333891
Truer words could not be spoken.

Welcome to the forum Matt

Junior Member# 14257
2013 High Power motors:
AT 38-360 I357T (342 NS)
CTI Pro-29 6G H399WT (282 NS)
AT 38-360 H178DM (283ns)
CTI Pro-29 3 grain H410VM (168NS)
CTI Pro-29 3G 138G106-14A (138ns)
Total Newton Seconds for 2013:
1403 Newton seconds (equal to K1569)

blackbrandt

OK, why are you stalking me?  :)

Also, http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=18364.msg333891#msg333891 is true on just about every online forum that can be found on the interwebs...
C/MSgt Matt Fletcher

RALEIGH WAKE!!