Now Hear This, All Hands On Deck!

Started by ColonelJack, April 02, 2007, 05:16:25 PM

ColonelJack

(Boy, I need a bosun's whistle here!)

Well, I now know that one can indeed nominate oneself to be an Admiral in the Great Navy of the State of Nebraska!  (And you don't have to live in Nebraska for it to happen, either!)

Want proof?  Take a look.  (Wonder what uniforms we get to wear?  Hehehehehe)

I'll expect full honors, side boys, piping aboard, the proper guns in salute, all that stuff.   ;D

Admiral Jack

[attachment deleted by admin]
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

JC004

Pylon

Nice!   :o

I wonder if you're entitled to wear some crazy Bolivian-Navy-like uniform for that, haha.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

ColonelJack

Quote from: Pylon on April 02, 2007, 05:24:13 PM

I wonder if you're entitled to wear some crazy Bolivian-Navy-like uniform for that, haha.

Don't laugh so hastily ... Bolivia does indeed have a Navy.  Sure, they're landlocked, and only have a river or two and part of Lake Titicaca for the Navy, but they have one.

Maybe eBay has Bolivian Navy stuff on it?

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.

JohnKachenmeister

Why waste time on E-bay?  Just buy a TPU and change the sleeve lace and lapel brass!
Another former CAP officer

A.Member

He already owns the TPU, what more would he need?  Perhaps he picked up the certificate to go with his outfit.  ;) :)
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Pylon

Quote from: ColonelJack on April 02, 2007, 05:28:12 PM

Don't laugh so hastily ... Bolivia does indeed have a Navy.  Sure, they're landlocked, and only have a river or two and part of Lake Titicaca for the Navy, but they have one.

Maybe eBay has Bolivian Navy stuff on it?

Jack

Oh, I'm well aware.  They just pretty much kept their Navy after their lost their access to the sea to Chile in their little spat.  In fact, each year on the annivsary of the conflict, the Bolivians ask Chile to give them the land back.  Heh.

But I guess the Navy (which has one ship IIRC), patrols for crimes on Lake Titicaca (sp?).

YMMV.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

ColonelJack

Oh, I'm well aware.  They just pretty much kept their Navy after their lost their access to the sea to Chile in their little spat.  In fact, each year on the annivsary of the conflict, the Bolivians ask Chile to give them the land back.  Heh.

But I guess the Navy (which has one ship IIRC), patrols for crimes on Lake Titicaca (sp?).

YMMV.

I think that's all that they do ... I read the article last month on Yahoo news that spotlighted them and learned they had a navy at that time.  The whole thing is funny ...

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.

ColonelJack

Quote from: A.Member on April 02, 2007, 05:34:34 PM

He already owns the TPU, what more would he need?  Perhaps he picked up the certificate to go with his outfit.  ;) :)

Where can I get the wide silver braid, though?  I know Vanguard won't sell it to me (though they did sell me a pair of Brig Gen epaulets for my collection -- and they're supposed to have a pair of Maj Gen on back order for me).

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.

RogueLeader

Quote from: ColonelJack on April 02, 2007, 05:39:32 PM

YMMV.

I think that's all that they do ... I read the article last month on Yahoo news that spotlighted them and learned they had a navy at that time.  The whole thing is funny ...

Jack
Just like France having or even needing an army, or military for that matter.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

ColonelJack

Quote from: RogueLeader on April 02, 2007, 05:41:50 PM
Just like France having or even needing an army, or military.

Oh, I don't know ... someone has to be the first to surrender, you know.

Jack

Tags - MIKE
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.

ColonelJack

The whole thing about being a "admiral" makes me reflect on today's B.C. comic strip (reprinted here without permission, so don't sue me!).

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.

bosshawk

Is this honor similar to being in the Great Navy of North or South Dakota?  Or Colorado?  Maybe the Kingdom of Laos?
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

JC004

Quote from: ColonelJack on April 02, 2007, 05:40:44 PM
Quote from: A.Member on April 02, 2007, 05:34:34 PM

Where can I get the wide silver braid, though?  I know Vanguard won't sell it to me (though they did sell me a pair of Brig Gen epaulets for my collection -- and they're supposed to have a pair of Maj Gen on back order for me).

Jack

If you can buy 4-star general stuff from Vanguard, why wouldn't they give you some aluminum foil for your arm?

ColonelJack

Quote from: bosshawk on April 02, 2007, 05:46:36 PM
Is this honor similar to being in the Great Navy of North or South Dakota?  Or Colorado?  Maybe the Kingdom of Laos?

Very similar, I understand.  And I am indeed honored to be deemed worthy.

:)

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

ColonelJack

Quote from: RogueLeader on April 02, 2007, 06:52:07 PM
Available to all?

So far as I know, yes.  The contact information is somewhere on CAPTalk, but I don't recall which message or in which area.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.

sardak

Nebraska has had a Navy since 1931.  You can request a commission as an admiral from the Governor.

http://www.gov.state.ne.us/admiralships/admiralship.html

The previous thread was here:
http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=1769.msg28363#msg28363

Mike