Main Menu

Unit annual reports

Started by cobra6987, January 12, 2014, 11:11:44 PM

cobra6987

So, I'm a new admin/personnel officer for a unit that we're basically revamping. I was just at a wing commanders call where they were telling everyone they only had 20 days to submit their Safety Surveys and crisis communication plans. I was wondering if anyone had a list of annual reports or requirements. I'd hate to think I have to read through each regulation to find everything.

Thanks for any help and info.
SSgt, USAF (Separated)
Lt Col, CAP
Shiprock 10
Ham - N5TCL

Eclipse

There's no single resource from NHQ that details monthly / annual reports - the problem is the reports are indicated in the
respective pamphlets and regs for a given specialty or department.

My wing put together a single document a few years ago, and I incorporated them into our CAP calendar, but it's not authoritative from an NHQ perspective by any means.

Not all the reports coincide withe the same calendar, either, some are based on fiscal, some on normal calendar, and some come after the year end.

Your best bet is to consult the regs on the areas you need to worry about, and ask specifically which reports your wing is expecting (some do additional reporting, or consolidate reports and don't expect the unit sto submit, etc.).

Yo can also check the SUI and CI guides to see about the expectations of given areas.

"That Others May Zoom"

RiverAux

Really, its up to the appropriate staff officer to keep up with their reports and the chief of staff to check on them. 

I think NHQ is scared that they would drive all the volunteers away if they actually put together a consolidated list of all the reporting requirements they put on units and staff officers. 

AirDX

Look through the SUI guide linked on the IG page: http://www.capmembers.com/cap_national_hq/inspector_general/inspections/

It has most if not all of these recurrent tasks listed in it.  Some, like Chaplain and CDI reports, are done due every 6 months.
Believe in fate, but lean forward where fate can see you.

cobra6987

Thanks for the info everyone. We're opperating with a skeleton crew of three right now so im just trying to make sure we have everything covered.
SSgt, USAF (Separated)
Lt Col, CAP
Shiprock 10
Ham - N5TCL