Main Menu

Red Beret?

Started by go4spaatz, September 05, 2013, 09:03:21 PM

NIN

Quote from: arajca on September 08, 2013, 04:30:47 PM
Back to the original picture...

It has been stated that the cadet in question is actually wearing a blue beret. Fine, they actually are wearing a blue beret. The picture STILL looks like a red/maroon beret.

For the average person looking at the picture they will see a red/maroon beret and make the logical conclusion the cadet is wearing a different hat and is likely from a different unit/activity. As has already been pointed out, whoever used that particular picture made a mistake by either using it or not noting the color issue in a caption. It comes down to perception. This problem is not, unfortunately, limited to NBB, but is endemic throughout CAP.

I took a picture of a C-130 flying past once. You could only see one engine due to the angle, parallax, angle of bank, etc.

Could you rightly conclude from that ONE photo that the C-130 is a single-engined transport?

Let it go. It was a decent photo that had a weird trick of lighting in the instant in which it was snapped. Stuff happens.  Sometimes PAOs don't have exactly a wide range of professionally taken photos from which to base their editorial decisions and have to "run what they brung" so to speak.

If you'd like, I can photoshop a little JJ Abrams-style lens flare to help enhance idea that the sun was there?
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: NIN on September 09, 2013, 01:45:11 PM
Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on September 09, 2013, 09:59:39 AM
I've never been to NBB. Nevertheless, I already knew that the sun sets in the West.

Bernie, warn a brother, willya? I had a mouthful of coffee when I read that, and about a quarter of it went out my nose.

Next time you see your doctor, you can take pride in saying "I've cut down on my caffeine intake."

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.