Time to Evaluate CAP- Purpose and Re-purpose

Started by Major Carrales, August 25, 2013, 06:59:05 PM

Eclipse

Quote from: JeffDG on August 28, 2013, 01:58:09 PMStaff work is what you do so that folks can do the fun stuff (aircrew, ground teams) in the hopes that someone else will step up and do the staff stuff once in a while so you can go play in the field.  If someone seriously wants to horde the staff jobs, that's more fun time for me!

I would agree, but that's not how a lot of guys, especially the older ones, see it.  This is their turf, and they don't want to lose it.  The field might
not be an option any more, and well, that "know it all Linda took my job as condo association president, so this is all I have..."

Then there's the flip side that an effective ICS team, especially in CAP, can get pretty "closed"  because all it takes is one goober to throw a wrench
in the entire day (Goober doesn't equal "new", it equals "goober").  Being a BD or higher can be stressful enough without having to deal with "personalities"
as well, which is why it can seem like the ICP is a closed circle.

I'm not saying this is "right", but when you consider this is supposed to be "fun", the last thing I want to do is spend a weekend fighting over
where the whiteboards go.

"That Others May Zoom"