Started by Майор Хаткевич, August 16, 2013, 08:26:12 PM

Майор Хаткевич

Received this via email:

From the National Conference

USAF STYLE
Eliminate double breasted jacket
No other changes

Field Uniform
NCSA specific uniforms to be added to 39-1 rather than exemptions on a yearly basis

ABUs recommended by committee and approved through USAF now awaiting waiver from DoD as to regulation that prohibits use by NON ACTIVE DUTY USAF PERSONELL

ABU will have navy blue insignia with silver thread no American flag (like the Air Force wing patch right squadron and specialty patches the same as now
BOOTS WILL STILL BE BLACK.
Goretex Parka will be available.

REPEAT, THIS HAS NOT RECIEVED FINAL APPROVAL

CORPORATE
Eliminate the floppy bow tie
Increase the badges to 4

NC Hokie

Wish they would authorize a blue flight cap and military ribbons and insignia to the corporate uniform.
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

Eclipse

Looks like I might owe someone a steak...

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Eclipse on August 16, 2013, 08:33:53 PM
Looks like I might owe someone a steak...

Was bound to happen sooner or later. In the case of new iPhone 1 wielding folks in 2006/07, this did not happen in 2007/08. :)

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: NC Hokie on August 16, 2013, 08:33:41 PM
Wish they would authorize a blue flight cap and military ribbons and insignia to the corporate uniform.

As someone who still has 30lbs to go until fitting into a blue suit, I agree.

Robb Ottenhoff

Does anyone have an active/live source of news for the conference and, more importantly, the changes being announced?

Thanks,

-r
Robb Ottenhoff, Capt, CAP
Leadership Officer
Cloverfield Composite Squadron, CAWG

Eclipse

My guess is we're seeing work-product information that may not be intended for release (yet).

"That Others May Zoom"

JK657

Making my prediction: This thread will last approximately 13 pages at least

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: JK657 on August 16, 2013, 08:45:25 PM
Making my prediction: This thread will last approximately 13 pages at least

13 pages of how many posts per page? Mine is set at 40 I think.

JK657

Good catch: 20 posts per page, 13 pages minimum...

A talk about uniform changes in general plus specific reference towards ABUs... this is CAPTALK gold

Eclipse

^ Here you go - someone needs to get Adsense on here and that could fund NCC!

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Eclipse on August 16, 2013, 08:59:41 PM
^ Here you go - someone needs to get Adsense on here and that could fund NCC!

Certainly a great idea!

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

I'm seeing a "CAP patch on the right shoulder?
And is that a Squadron patch or not? Almost looks like an NCSA patch. I think the dark blue tapes have a hint of an easter egg to them.

If that dark blue tape goes onto the BBDUs, then the uniforms will match the tapes...at least on THAT uniform.

PHall

Quote from: usafaux2004 on August 16, 2013, 09:07:00 PM
And is that a Squadron patch or not? Almost looks like an NCSA patch. I think the dark blue tapes have a hint of an easter egg to them.

If that dark blue tape goes onto the BBDUs, then the uniforms will match the tapes...at least on THAT uniform.

That's the Overseas units "Wing Patch".

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: PHall on August 16, 2013, 09:11:25 PM
Quote from: usafaux2004 on August 16, 2013, 09:07:00 PM

That's the Overseas units "Wing Patch".

Maybe it it will be replacing the US flags. I'm digging the old WW2 design. Gotta bribe Big V somehow for all the things that will no longer be getting any love.

A.Member

Quote from: Eclipse on August 16, 2013, 09:04:50 PM
Lord that's ugly.
Acutally, it's not bad provided members don't try to sew every patch they own on it (BDUs can look every bit as much of a mess for this reason).   

Keep the front pockets clean (those are all optional patches) and the Wing patch is optional, so get your Wing King to forego it, then it looks pretty good.  A little surprised USAF didn't have a cow over the black boots, that was a point of contention early with ABUs - might have Airmen dressing like CAPers now.  ;)   But I won't hold my breath on it....USAF probably just kicked up to DOD so they didn't have to be the bad guys.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

NCRblues

Quote from: A.Member on August 16, 2013, 09:25:39 PM
Lord that's ugly.
Acutally, it's not bad provided members don't try to sew every patch they own it (BDUs can look every bit as much of a mess for this reason).   

Keep the front pockets clean (those are all optional patches) and the Wing patch is optional, so get your Wing King to forego it, then it looks pretty good.  A little surprised USAF didn't have a cow over the black boots, that was a point of contention early with ABUs - might have Airmen dressing like CAPers now.  ;)

The AF gave a waiver to airman in certain AFSC's that get dirty on a regular basis because the green boots hold in dirt and oil and all such of nasty stuff...

I think the ABU's look better than our current ultra blue BDU stuff
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

A.Member

Quote from: NCRblues on August 16, 2013, 09:28:56 PM
Quote from: A.Member on August 16, 2013, 09:25:39 PM
Lord that's ugly.
Acutally, it's not bad provided members don't try to sew every patch they own it (BDUs can look every bit as much of a mess for this reason).   

Keep the front pockets clean (those are all optional patches) and the Wing patch is optional, so get your Wing King to forego it, then it looks pretty good.  A little surprised USAF didn't have a cow over the black boots, that was a point of contention early with ABUs - might have Airmen dressing like CAPers now.  ;)

The AF gave a waiver to airman in certain AFSC's that get dirty on a regular basis because the green boots hold in dirt and oil and all such of nasty stuff...
I know, that was my point.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

jeders

Quote from: usafaux2004 on August 16, 2013, 08:26:12 PM
ABU will have navy blue insignia with silver thread no American flag (like the Air Force wing patch right squadron and specialty patches the same as now
BOOTS WILL STILL BE BLACK.
Goretex Parka will be available.

So a couple of thoughts. First, I'm diggin' the navy blue tapes, great idea guys. But please tell me that the BBDU will also have navy blue tapes.

Second, I'm a little confused by the way that email quote is written in regards to ABU setup. Does it mean the setup will be like the Air Force, meaning no patches other than tapes and specialty badges; or does it mean it will be set up the same as the current BDU? I'll wear the minimum number of patches anyway, but I'm just curious. I'd like to see it set up like the current air force uniform rules, no extraneous patches/hats/t-shirts/laces.

As for the CAP shoulder patch, if they're going to make that a nationwide organizational patch for wear on the ABU to meet distinctiveness requirements, I'm cool with that. It's makes us distinctive and is actual heritage instead of the US flag.

As for black boots, I'd like to see us match the Air Force more closely, but I'd also like to not have to spend $150 on new boots, although by now I need new boots anyway.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse