Main Menu

Inside Combat Rescue

Started by MIKE, January 29, 2013, 10:00:31 PM

MIKE

Mike Johnston

Huey Driver

I can't wait for this series to come out. I'm hoping that sometime down the road in a few years I'll either be flying HH-60's, or be 46FX, or even a 4N0X1 IDMT or AET.
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

♠SARKID♠

Ed Bos

Quote from: NIN on January 30, 2013, 03:30:50 AM
Former CA-Wing'er Scott Matthews, if I'm not mistaken, contributed footage to that show.
http://www.glorycubed.com/

Scott is great, and shoots amazing footage. I flew with him for a few weeks a couple years ago.
EDWARD A. BOS, Lt Col, CAP
Email: edward.bos(at)orwgcap.org
PCR-OR-001

Stonewall

A former cadet of mine turned PJ (and God father of my kids) said there are like 30+ cameras throughout the helicopters on these missions and it captures every possible angle.  Having lunch with him over Christmas, he said "[darn], I really didn't know that's what we look like on the job...it gave me chills".  This, as he sat there with crutches and a boot on this foot from a nice fracture he got during a recent jump.

Side note, another former cadet during the same time frame is a Combat Rescue pilot and the two have worked together in training and missions.  Additionally, a former CAP cadet (still a senior) has flown fixed wing aircraft that the former cadet turned PJ has jumped out of.  Small friggin world, that rescue community (and CAP) is.
Serving since 1987.

Luis R. Ramos

Stone-

How does it feel, that you have inspired, at the least, three servicemen when they were cadets?

Their achievements today, are in no small part probably, due when they were working with you even if they felt a calling for that!

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Stonewall

Quote from: flyer333555 on February 01, 2013, 03:10:17 PM
Stone-

How does it feel, that you have inspired, at the least, three servicemen when they were cadets?

Their achievements today, are in no small part probably, due when they were working with you even if they felt a calling for that!

Flyer

Honest answer, I wish I could have done more for others.  A majority of their successes had little to do with me or my intervention, I think.  I wonder if you asked those people today what percentage of a factor I personally (or CAP as a whole) played in their success.

The fixed wing pilot I mentioned was not one of my cadets, he just happens to be a friend/colleague now who I've worked with in CAP and ironically deployed to the same location with.

There were others...many others...

Megan:  USMA grad, Combat Engineer Officer (Airborne), Jump Master, Sapper Tab
Colin:  USMA grad, Special Forces Officer
Greg: VA Tech Corps of Cadets grad, MP Officer
Tom:  PJ
Devin: VA Tech Corps of Cadets grad, Combat Rescue pilot
Mark: USAFA grad, C-130 pilot
Dave: Univ of MD, AH-64 pilot

And those are just some of the military ones.  Then there are the former cadets who are successful contributors to society in the civilian sector...

Stephen:  Firefighter and Paramedic
Leo:  Teacher
Adam:  Civil Engineer
Chris:  Police Officer
Serving since 1987.

culpies

Quote from: NIN on January 30, 2013, 03:30:50 AM
Former CA-Wing'er Scott Matthews, if I'm not mistaken, contributed footage to that show.

While Scott's footage is awesome, and that particular video was part of the inspiration for the show, I can say with certainty that his footage was not used in any of the episodes.  Everything used was filmed by the crew during their time in Afghanistan.

Just to back what Stonewall said, everything I know about this show so far and the crew that made it tells me it is going to be really well done.

I highly recommend that you set your DVR's to record.

-tom
(the above mentioned PJ)

Stonewall

Yeah, Scott had said a while back on his FB page that the footage was similar to his but not his.

Tom must be bored if he's back on CAP Talk. Still looking sexy with that bionic boot?
Serving since 1987.

MIKE

Mike Johnston

SARDOC

A.Member

Very, very well done.  Can't wait for the next 6.  This is must see stuff, especially if you have never heard of PJs or don't know what they do.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Private Investigator