legalized marijuana ... what will CAP do ?

Started by manfredvonrichthofen, November 07, 2012, 02:31:42 PM

RRLE

Quote from: sardak on November 07, 2012, 04:15:33 PMFor the most part, the feds have not been going after the medicinal users or even the licensed medical providers, unless there is some flagrant violation of the local laws.

There is one federal agency that will not ignore licensed medical providers and it will go after them and that agency is the dreaded IRS. The Internal Revenue Code specifically states that no deductions are allowed for illegal (by federal law) drug activity. So all those medicinal dispensaries must report all of their sales as income and they are not allowed to deduct a dime's worth of expenses. The issue has already been litigated and the dispensaries lost.

usafcap1

Just want to add Washington Wing passed pot (I-502) as well
|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

usafcap1

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on November 07, 2012, 02:31:42 PM
What will CAP do about Colorado Wing?  Will it be OK to have THC in your system?  While at meetings of course. Operations should be outright banned...

Personally, I think if your mind is obviously altered due to a drug, no matter it's legality,  it should be grounds for dismissal. What will CAP do in Colorado?

What will CAP do about Colorado Wing? More CD and DDR Missions.  ;D

Will it be OK to have THC in your system? NO!!!

|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

a2capt

Quote from: usafcap1 on November 07, 2012, 09:32:44 PMJust want to add Washington Wing passed pot (I-502) as well
Ummm. No. Washington *Wing* didn't pass *anything* of the sort. A majority of the voters of the State of Washington expressed their desire to get in on the 420 excitement. Nothing to do with CAP.

ol'fido

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on November 07, 2012, 06:20:03 PM
Wow two pages and still in a decent debate, Thanks. That's what I was hoping for.

I'm not sure how I feel about the federal government's ability to trump state law. While I do support the idea that marijuana isa dangerous drug, and I don't think anyone should be able to use it just because they want to, it shows there is no reason to have individual states other than to have a sort of management system, one guy over fifty, fifty over thirtyish, and those thirtyish people each have however many are in their city or county, but it really leaves nothing to the checks and balance system that the states were set up to perform.

Isn't the state structure supposed to ensure that the federal government doesn't have too much power? Or am I missing something completely?
We live in a "Federal" government where the national government law supercedes that of the states or power emanates from the national government to the states. The states may pass laws in areas that the federal government does not as long as those laws don' violate the Constitution or contradict federal laws.

When states have more power than the national government, that is a "Confederacy" and power eminates from the states to the national government.

Sorry to go all social studies on you.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Flying Pig

Quote from: usafcap1 on November 07, 2012, 09:32:44 PM
Just want to add Washington Wing passed pot (I-502) as well

The reason cited was that CAC meetings and Wing events were getting brutally mind numbing.  This is expected to increase participation, yet lower the standards expected by members at these events.  News sources also cite convenience stores stocking up on Doritos and cheese spread in a can.

ol'fido

Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

abdsp51

We will probably continue with a zero tolerance for the substance especially since a good chunk of our budget is federal dollars.  And while states may decree it legal for what ever purpose they deem.  State LE are still required to support DOJ in any planned operations against the substance.

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: usafcap1 on November 07, 2012, 09:35:28 PM
What will CAP do about Colorado Wing?  Will it be OK to have THC in your system?  While at meetings of course. Operations should be outright banned...

Personally, I think if your mind is obviously altered due to a drug, no matter it's legality,  it should be grounds for dismissal. What will CAP do in Colorado?

What will CAP do about Colorado Wing? More CD and DDR Missions.  ;D

Will it be OK to have THC in your system? NO!!!
I know, I worded that wrong, it was meant more as a sarcastic question.... Hopefully no one would look over it, or allow it. To think I would say it's OK at meetings is a bit shocking. I hope I have made an image n here that shows I'm not for recreational use of any drug.

PHall

They would use the same rules that we have with alcohol.  Of course, going on your reasoning about grounds for dismissial, everybody who drinks would need to be 2b'd.
Good luck with that....

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: PHall on November 08, 2012, 02:20:14 AM

They would use the same rules that we have with alcohol.  Of course, going on your reasoning about grounds for dismissial, everybody who drinks would need to be 2b'd.
Good luck with that....
Huh???
I don't know about you, but I know a few people who drink, and are in CAP, but they would never drink while at a meeting or be drunk at a meeting, so I don't see where you got the idea that I would kick everybody out that drinks. Please explain to me where you spun the wheel to jump to that conclusion.

PHall

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on November 08, 2012, 03:09:36 AM
Quote from: PHall on November 08, 2012, 02:20:14 AM

Good luck with that....
Huh???
I don't know about you, but I know a few people who drink, and are in CAP, but they would never drink while at a meeting or be drunk at a meeting, so I don't see where you got the idea that I would kick everybody out that drinks. Please explain to me where you spun the wheel to jump to that conclusion.

The highlighted line....     

denverpilot

If I see anyone smoking a doobie near any CAP aircraft, I'll make sure to put them out with the fire extinguisher. If not that, then we'll lure them away from the aircraft with nacho cheese Doritos.

(Rolling my eyes at this entire thread.)

wuzafuzz

I imagine DOJ and DEA are losing their minds over CO and WA basically giving them the bird.  All kinds of "special attention" may be coming our way.  CAP will stay squeaky clean.
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

PHall

Quote from: denverpilot on November 08, 2012, 03:20:35 AM
If I see anyone smoking a doobie near any CAP aircraft, I'll make sure to put them out with the fire extinguisher. If not that, then we'll lure them away from the aircraft with nacho cheese Doritos.

You're not supposed to be smoking around the aircraft anyway...

denverpilot

Quote from: PHall on November 08, 2012, 04:06:24 AM

Exactly. We treat all comers with equal "Safety". 

Might toss a bucket of water on them too, just to be sure. :)

If there's an extra fire truck nearby we might ask for their assistance too. ;) ;) ;)

(Did ya miss the humor the first time?) :) :) :)

manfredvonrichthofen

Phall, I meant that as to be while at CAP, it should be implied, as we are talking about CAP... To think any different is just odd. Why would I be talking about what happens on someone's couch on captalk? Some times I wonder how much some people want to regulate our members off CAP time. ::)

PHall

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on November 08, 2012, 04:45:06 AM
Phall, I meant that as to be while at CAP, it should be implied, as we are talking about CAP... To think any different is just odd. Why would I be talking about what happens on someone's couch on captalk? Some times I wonder how much some people want to regulate our members off CAP time. ::)

I've seen alcohol consumed at CAP events, i.e. Wing Conference. You weren't specific so what was I to think?
If you're talking only about "CAP time", then say so...

PHall

Quote from: denverpilot on November 08, 2012, 04:29:16 AM
Quote from: PHall on November 08, 2012, 04:06:24 AM

Exactly. We treat all comers with equal "Safety". 

Might toss a bucket of water on them too, just to be sure. :)

If there's an extra fire truck nearby we might ask for their assistance too. ;) ;) ;)

(Did ya miss the humor the first time?) :) :) :)

If you call that humor. Don't quit your day job.

Garibaldi

Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things