Brad

Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

SarDragon

Us? Which us? CAP? The United States?

These guys are much better. I was an alternate on the '67-'68 team.

The actual performance starts at 1:21. BTW, there is only one command throughout the routine - Forward March.

Queens Guard 1973 640.mov
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Brad

Well true. I was moreso going for the oddball factor in it being civilian drill in a school setting with the student body present. Even our annual inspection in my NJROTC unit was a "closed" event - cadets and parents only.

From what I've read though, the point of them doing that is to impress business scouts who may be looking to hire people when they get out of school. Can anyone confirm this?
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

RMW14

I was always impressed with the Marine Silent Drill Platoon and the Scarlet Knight's performance from above was awesome as well. I am not sure about the Japanese thing? For the first 50 seconds or so I was hoping for something that didn't involve a left turn! Besides the rather sharp bayonets have to give any of the military based teams a little bit of an edge. Either way, the precision is something that has to take an extreme dedication and love of the whole process, to be able to accomplish it over and over.

This video, by far, has to be my favorite drill team performance >:D

http://www.youtube.com/embed/FOzub_ghAbM
Ryan Weir Capt
Emergency Services Officer Jesse Jones Composite Squadron 304
Expert Ranger #274
NASAR SARTECH 1 Lead Evaluator/ WEMT
CD PAWG Central
AOBD,GBD,GTL, GTM1, UDF, MO, MS, MRO, AP

a2capt

Just paste YouTube URLs directly into posts, without the SSL login htttps:, if you are, and it will work. No need to do all that fancy stuff.

RMW14

I just did the little embed thing on youtube and that is what it gave me? I know pretty much nothing about computers and I don't pretend to know anything about them!
Ryan Weir Capt
Expert Ranger #274
CD PAWG Central

a2capt

Just the "h++p://www.youtube.com/embed/FOzub_ghAbM" is all that is needed. Taken from the address bar (where you type in places to go) No embedded option.

SarDragon

Quote from: RMW14 on November 03, 2012, 04:38:37 PM
I was always impressed with the Marine Silent Drill Platoon and the Scarlet Knight's performance from above was awesome as well. I am not sure about the Japanese thing? For the first 50 seconds or so I was hoping for something that didn't involve a left turn! Besides the rather sharp bayonets have to give any of the military based teams a little bit of an edge. Either way, the precision is something that has to take an extreme dedication and love of the whole process, to be able to accomplish it over and over.

This video, by far, has to be my favorite drill team performance >:D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FOzub_ghAbM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Two comments - first, it's the Queen's Guard, not the Scarlet Knights; second, they lied, the bayonets in the video are not sharp. The practice bayonets are standard, out-of-the-box items, and will slice you if you get in the way. The chromed show bayonets have been dulled, because the chrome would flake off the sharp edge. They will still leave a helluva bruise, though.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

RMW14

Sorry, I was referencing the Scarlet Knights in relation to Rutgers University. I can only imagine the bruise the dull one would make hitting a body part let alone the practice bayonets that are not dulled hitting the same body part.  Just out of curiosity, where did the Queen's Guard name originate from? 
Ryan Weir Capt
Expert Ranger #274
CD PAWG Central

SarDragon

Quote from: RMW14 on November 04, 2012, 04:26:39 AM
Sorry, I was referencing the Scarlet Knights in relation to Rutgers University. I can only imagine the bruise the dull one would make hitting a body part let alone the practice bayonets that are not dulled hitting the same body part.  Just out of curiosity, where did the Queen's Guard name originate from?

The original name for Rutgers University was Queen's College. It was renamed Rutgers College in honor of American Revolutionary War hero Colonel Henry Rutgers in 1825.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

RMW14

Ah never knew that. I will say that the campus in New Brunswick is pretty awesome compared to some of the other colleges and universities that i have been to.
Ryan Weir Capt
Expert Ranger #274
CD PAWG Central

Private Investigator

On youtube search for "CPDRC dancing inmates - THRILLER".

Filipino inmates with a great routine for Michael Jackson's Thriller.   :clap: