Reclassification of BDU uniform

Started by oak2007, October 26, 2012, 04:54:46 PM

Eclipse

Quote from: PA Guy on October 31, 2012, 11:46:20 PMSo yeah, CAWG does want to stay in their good graces. CAP needs them more than they need CAP.

My point exactly, so perhaps the best tack is to offer services, then disengage if there are too many asterisks.

Quote from: PA Guy on October 31, 2012, 11:46:20 PMSo yeah, CAWG does want to stay in their good graces. CAP needs
As far as knowing what the wardrobe is for CA law enforcement, fire and NG I think your knowledge is limited.

Feel free to post photos...

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

http://cawg.cap.gov/Files/Supplements/CAWG39-1.PDF

.. and if you read that, you can see where it was "suggested", that it's a "nationally recognized" thing, and NHQ went along with it.  Basically, they want NO BDU's (cadets exempted), and thus NO rank.

They allow CAP aviation badges, but the uniform itself can't be worn for aviation purposes. 2nd on the list is the golf shirt combo, with ANSI orange, of course.

Eclipse

Amazing - it's superhero important for everyone to wear orange...

...um, except we can't mandate cadets wear it, so...

...um...I guess they don't have to?

Pogo would be proud.

Also...

This supplement does not change the fact that a reflective vest is still required, as the vest is considered "equipment".

"That Others May Zoom"

bosshawk

Just to muddy the waters, I'll tell you that my county SAR team wears red shirts.  If needed, we wear a reflective vest over the red.  And, we are in CA. 
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

Eclipse

Quote from: bosshawk on November 01, 2012, 02:07:31 AM
Just to muddy the waters, I'll tell you that my county SAR team wears red shirts.  If needed, we wear a reflective vest over the red.  And, we are in CA.

Facts should never interfere with conjecture.  Everyone in CA wears orange.

"That Others May Zoom"

abdsp51

Quote from: Eclipse on November 01, 2012, 02:12:26 AM
Quote from: bosshawk on November 01, 2012, 02:07:31 AM

Facts should never interfere with conjecture.  Everyone in CA wears orange.

Um, that is dependent upon the county.  The orange is a suggested practice in CA not a requirement per CalEMA to create unity.  The Sheriff still retains the ultimate decision on what his/her SAR teams wear and how they are equipped.  CalEMA cannot nor can the state require it to be mandatory without shelling out the bucks to equip each agency.  With how the budget problems there are now this would be axed right away. 

a2capt

Except that in this case, CAP chose to thin it's ranks of available assets because it in effect, booted people from availability. At the same time they run around saying they need more.

Which is it?

PHall

Quote from: a2capt on November 01, 2012, 03:03:11 AM
Except that in this case, CAP chose to thin it's ranks of available assets because it in effect, booted people from availability. At the same time they run around saying they need more.

Which is it?

Hunh???

PA Guy

Quote from: a2capt on November 01, 2012, 03:03:11 AM

Which is it?

Does that include aircrew since the boots and nomex requirement?

PA Guy

Quote from: Eclipse on November 01, 2012, 01:44:00 AM
Amazing - it's superhero important for everyone to wear orange...

...um, except we can't mandate cadets wear it, so...

...um...I guess they don't have to?

Pogo would be proud.

Also...

This supplement does not change the fact that a reflective vest is still required, as the vest is considered "equipment".

Your attempt at being facetious just comes across as being snarky.

PA Guy

Quote from: Eclipse on November 01, 2012, 12:10:32 AM
Quote from: PA Guy on October 31, 2012, 11:46:20 PMSo yeah, CAWG does want to stay in their good graces. CAP needs them more than they need CAP.

My point exactly, so perhaps the best tack is to offer services, then disengage if there are too many asterisks.

Quote from: PA Guy on October 31, 2012, 11:46:20 PMSo yeah, CAWG does want to stay in their good graces. CAP needs
As far as knowing what the wardrobe is for CA law enforcement, fire and NG I think your knowledge is limited.

Feel free to post photos...

I have on mult similar threads. You just have chosen to ignore them.