Anybody Else from the UK?

Started by Brit_in_CAP, October 03, 2012, 10:44:56 PM

pdjd7428

Greetings to my fellow Brits. I was born in the Bedford, England but only lived there for 4 years until my step-dad was tranferred stateside (USAF). I was solely a UK citizen until 2005, when I Naturalized during my USN service.
1st Lt. Jermaine Down, EMT-I
Health Services Officer
Southwest Region
SWR-SWR-001
HM3(FMF) US Navy 2002-2006

troutbaron

Quote from: NIN on November 17, 2012, 02:37:33 PM
Quote from: troutbaron on November 16, 2012, 07:42:15 PM
I'm from the UK originally and now I am a dual citizen.

I was a cadet in the ATC for 8 years in the Newcastle-upon-Tyne area, with 2510 (West Denton) and 131 (City of Newcastle) Squadrons.  I then took a commission in the RAFVR(T) and held that for 8 years.

I moved here in 2001 and decided to join CAP just over a year ago. I was dismayed to find that none of my prior service counted for anything!

My mate who spent a year in CAP while here on an internship is the OC of the 861 Wideopen Sqdn there near Newcastle. Small world.

I had many friends from that squadron. It was only a few miles down the road from my squadron. When I left the CO was Flt/Lt Smith.  The squadrons over there are much closer together than here.

Simplex

Lt.Col. Roger Middleton, CAP, who holds a position at CAP HQ is from  England but not sure where.

JeffDG

Quote from: CapCapt on December 15, 2012, 04:21:27 PM
Lt.Col. Roger Middleton, CAP, who holds a position at CAP HQ is from  England but not sure where.
Lt Col Middleton is now the TNWG DCP...