Re The wear of Berets and Cords

Started by kcbrent, May 30, 2012, 08:57:51 PM

lordmonar

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on May 31, 2012, 02:01:35 AM
Quote from: usafaux2004 on May 31, 2012, 01:37:38 AM
Color Guards wear ascots as well, just without the HG patch.
Cite?
My squadron commander told us to.
That is a cite.

:)
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

lordmonar

Quote from: Eclipse on May 31, 2012, 02:46:44 AM
Quote from: Levilockling on May 31, 2012, 02:39:09 AM
Quote from: arajca on May 31, 2012, 12:32:15 AM
Quote from: Levilockling on May 30, 2012, 11:41:13 PM
COWG allows for white ladder lacing on combat boots for color guards, but someone from another wing would be perplexed.
Where did you find that authorization?

http://www.incountry.us/cappatches/library/reg-man/39-1sup_co030501.pdf

It's rather old, but it's the newest one for COWG, so it's still viable. Unless anything's been put out for COWG recently, this is as updated as it gets. A few parts get defeated by the newest ICL of 39-1, though.

That's not how supplements and OI's work.

They have to be re-validated whenever there is a new Commander (at the respective level), or a revision to the respective regulation.
That may well be the guidance COWG members are living with, but it is no longer enforceable as a supplement.
Well...that's debatable.  OI's and SUPs are supposed to be revalidated....however.....just because a new reg comes out....does not automatically make th eOI or Sup invalid.  It is gray are........and before you pull the baracks lawyering on me and hair splitting......ICLs are only supposed to be valid for what........6 months.....but it this case....I concede your point.

arajca

Quote from: lordmonar on May 31, 2012, 04:31:00 AM
COWG allows for white ladder lacing on combat boots for color guards, but someone from another wing would be perplexed.

It's rather old, but it's the newest one for COWG, so it's still viable. Unless anything's been put out for COWG recently, this is as updated as it gets. A few parts get defeated by the newest ICL of 39-1, though.

They have to be re-validated whenever there is a new Commander (at the respective level), or a revision to the respective regulation.
That may well be the guidance COWG members are living with, but it is no longer enforceable as a supplement.
Well...that's debatable.  OI's and SUPs are supposed to be revalidated....however.....just because a new reg comes out....does not automatically make th eOI or Sup invalid.  It is gray are........and before you pull the baracks lawyering on me and hair splitting......ICLs are only supposed to be valid for what........6 months.....but it this case....I concede your point.
Regarding the automatic invalidation of supplement, etc. Ref CAPR 5-4, Sect. 3, Para a. 1)
QuoteWhen the parent publication of a supplement or OI is revised/reissued, commanders must ensure the supplement or OI is revised and re-approved, if required, or rescinded with 6 months of the new parent publication's issue. Publications will not conflict with higher headquarters directives.
Removing it from the wing's official list of supplements is rescinding, as it is no longer officially available to the members.

Майор Хаткевич

Wow, talk about a brain fart...

Last time I post from Financial Statement Analysis. Then again, today was the last class. :)

lordmonar

Quote from: arajca on May 31, 2012, 04:49:04 AM
Quote from: lordmonar on May 31, 2012, 04:31:00 AM

Regarding the automatic invalidation of supplement, etc. Ref CAPR 5-4, Sect. 3, Para a. 1)
QuoteWhen the parent publication of a supplement or OI is revised/reissued, commanders must ensure the supplement or OI is revised and re-approved, if required, or rescinded with 6 months of the new parent publication's issue. Publications will not conflict with higher headquarters directives.
Removing it from the wing's official list of supplements is rescinding, as it is no longer officially available to the members.
My point is/was....that reality sometimes exists outside what the regs on regs say.  ICLs for example....and yes all IO and SUP should be reviewed and updated when a new pub is issued....but many units don't (and I am talking AD USAF too)!

Heck....I recall when AFCC went away......we followed regulations from a command that did no exist for two years....before our new owners got around to writing regs that covered comm units.

kcbrent

Quote from: lordmonar on May 31, 2012, 04:24:55 AM
Quote from: kcbrent on May 30, 2012, 11:34:35 PM
My only concern with citing things in 39-1 is that it is so outdated who knows what is correct and what isn't :) I can show you several examples where the uniform has changed 5 times (i.e. Blue field unform).

So.....is the Color Guard specs in there now, accurate?
That's what your chain of command is for.....and not us Yahoos on CAPTALK.
Read the reg and follow your chain of command's directions.

End of story.

Chain of command won't answer this because I never can find anyone on WG level to answer their emails, that's why I talk to you yahoos on captalk :)

RogueLeader

Quote from: kcbrent on May 31, 2012, 05:18:27 PM
My only concern with citing things in 39-1 is that it is so outdated who knows what is correct and what isn't :) I can show you several examples where the uniform has changed 5 times (i.e. Blue field unform).

End of story.

Chain of command won't answer this because I never can find anyone on WG level to answer their emails, that's why I talk to you yahoos on captalk :)

You usually aren't supposed to. That is what the unit commander is for.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

kcbrent

So if Color Guard and Honor Guard are different, and one can wear bibs and other can't....then what does CAP define as the role of a CG and HG?

My understanding is these are i've in the same?

Eclipse

They are not.

Color Guards, in a nutshell, post and carry the colors.

Honor Guards have a much stricter code of uniform, movements, and do things like stand watch on funerals, the honor table at dinners,
ceremonial drill, etc.

"That Others May Zoom"

kcbrent

Quote from: RogueLeader on May 31, 2012, 05:21:47 PM

End of story.

that is the next lvl in CoC above the unit, but anyways, not worth fighting over, i'm just trying to Get sone answers and learn.

kcbrent

Quote from: Eclipse on May 31, 2012, 05:28:52 PM
They are not.

Honor Guards have a much stricter code of uniform, movements, and do things like stand watch on funerals, the honor table at dinners,
ceremonial drill, etc.

Well my CG used to do all of that.combined so...tomAto tomOHto.

RogueLeader

Quote from: kcbrent on May 31, 2012, 05:32:44 PM
Quote from: RogueLeader on May 31, 2012, 05:21:47 PM

End of story.

that is the next lvl in CoC above the unit, but anyways, not worth fighting over, i'm just trying to Get sone answers and learn.

I understand that you want to learn, just let them do their job, and do yours.
Quote from: kcbrent on May 31, 2012, 05:33:43 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on May 31, 2012, 05:28:52 PM
They are not.

ceremonial drill, etc.

Well my CG used to do all of that.combined so...tomAto tomOHto.

Well now you know that it was wrong, and you can fix it.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

lordmonar

End of story.

Then do what you think best.  If you make a good faith effort to comply an/or get clarification.....that's all I expect of any leader.

kcbrent

kcbrent

Thanks everyone,

I believe I have all the answers i'm looking for. I appreciate the help.

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340