Main Menu

CAP Promotion Certificates

Started by BrannG, May 25, 2012, 11:23:17 PM

SARDOC

Quote from: BrannG on May 26, 2012, 01:49:14 AM
Quote from: MSG Mac on May 26, 2012, 01:14:50 AM
As long as we're nit picking. Officers are "appointed" not promoted.

I know in active duty they are appointed, but I believe CAP 'promotes' as we aren't commissioned by President of the United States like active duty is. Could be wrong - input anyone?

If we are nit picking, might as well bring around the correction that Military officers are actually Commissioned by Congress not the President.

BrannG

ROFLMAO! Well.. actually if you have seen the congressional appointment, it starts off "The President of the United States", however technically your right. :) You can actually see a "copy" of these appointments if you google "DD-1"

:) Remember to smile! :D

Lackland Cadet Squadron - SWR-TX-007 2012-Current
Kelly Composite Squadron - 42178 (Deactivated) 1994-2000
Cadet from 1994-1998
Senior Member from 1998-2000, 2012-Current
United States Air Force 2000-2006, 0-3

NC Hokie

My $0.02...

Take out the word "permanent" in the phrase "has been appointed to the permanent grade of" in the Senior Member certificate. For the cadet certificate, change the wording to "has been promoted to the grade of."
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

BrannG

The regs say that the appointment of a senior member to any rank (besides Lt Col / Col / BGen / MGen) is in fact permanent, in the case of Lt Col and Col they are temporary for 1 year and may be made permanent. Nice suggestion, and I can understand it, however I don't see reason to not mention the status of the appointment.

Cadet from 1994-1998

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: titanII on May 26, 2012, 08:25:36 PM
Quote from: BrannG on May 26, 2012, 07:16:03 PM
yea, I can see that.. I used their since in the form of the sentence, their rolled much better. Could be wrong.. Input from anyone else? 
Technically, "his" or "her" would be grammatically correct.
Their refers to multiple people (I forget the actual name of the error). His or her would be correct, since you are refering to one person.

That said his or her doesn't flow well in a sentence. So it is grammatically correct to assume a gender (I.E. using his/her). You might be called sexist, though.

It is all style, so YMMV.

I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

ßτε

Don't use "his or her".
Be consistent with what you have in the rest of the document. Use "his" and make it editable like you did the others.

BrannG

Quote from: BrannG on May 26, 2012, 09:42:46 PM
I'll put that on tomorrow's update. I'll try to update the same files so google drive doesn't generate yet another new link.. :|

Thanks for the extra input, but as I said in my own quote here, I'll put in the next update. Be later today when I decide to take the hour to open each file and edit it.. it isn't as easy as it looks :P Have to open each file, unlock the file so I can edit, change and make the new change editable, and relock the document, save and do this for each and every rank. :) 

Cadet from 1994-1998

FlyTiger77

Quote from: SARDOC on May 26, 2012, 09:56:22 PM
If we are nit picking, might as well bring around the correction that Military officers are actually Commissioned by Congress not the President.

Commissioned officers receive their commission from the President. Some grades, if not all, require the advice and consent of the Senate, not Congress as a whole.

Warrant officers recieve a warrant from their respective Service Secretary. (Note: Chief Warrant Officers [W-2 through W-5] are commissioned officers--see above)
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP