SAMPLE Service Cap/Flight Cap insignia

Started by NAYBOR, February 04, 2007, 07:33:32 AM

ColonelJack

That style of headgear is "leaving" the military?  Hardly.  In fact, the new Army Service Blue uniform returns the service cap to the combination.  (Berets, I understand, will be worn with the Class B and ABU combinations.)  Of course, I could be wrong on that.

And I doubt you'll ever see the Navy do away with that style of headgear.  Too much tradition there.

No, the service cap is a part of military uniform tradition and it's here to stay.  At least I hope it is.  I really like mine.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

mikeylikey

The blue uniform always had the service cap.  It just isn't worn that much, since the blues were (before the change) mostly worn after retreat when headgear was optional.  Now the beret will be the standard headgear with the "new" blue service dress.  However, they are keeping the service cap.  Not sure why, it is an awfull mix of various colors that make a person stand out like a sore thumb. 
What's up monkeys?

NAYBOR

Thanks for the comments, everyone.  Mike, as for the late night--couldn't sleep (I'm up for a Senior Managment Service promotion, and am on pins and needles waiting).  Since I had some time on my hands, I thought I'd try my hand at a little photo shopping, and play with designing a new headgaer device.

And, yes, I have a service cap, and wear it when in full service dress.  It's the same one I had in AFROTC.