Main Menu

Getting updated ID card

Started by Walkman, February 07, 2012, 04:39:20 AM

Walkman

In the past, when I received a promotion shortly thereafter I received a new CAPID card with the new grade on it. I was promoted in November. Since we've gone to the new thing with everyone needing the photo ID, am I supposed to order the updated card myself? No biggie, just wondering...

davidsinn

Quote from: Walkman on February 07, 2012, 04:39:20 AM
In the past, when I received a promotion shortly thereafter I received a new CAPID card with the new grade on it. I was promoted in November. Since we've gone to the new thing with everyone needing the photo ID, am I supposed to order the updated card myself? No biggie, just wondering...

You've got two choices: Wait until you renew, Pay for a new one. They stopped sending new cards on promotion when we went to the photo IDs.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Walkman

Quote from: davidsinn on February 07, 2012, 04:41:36 AM
You've got two choices: Wait until you renew, Pay for a new one. They stopped sending new cards on promotion when we went to the photo IDs.

Roger that. Thanks.

davidsinn

Quote from: Walkman on February 07, 2012, 04:44:03 AM

Roger that. Thanks.

It kind of sucks because you could have an out of date ID for up to 11 months.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

PHall

Quote from: davidsinn on February 07, 2012, 05:16:57 AM

Roger that. Thanks.

Or you pay the four bucks and get a new one with your current grade on it.

Don't forget to update your photo!

davidsinn

Quote from: PHall on February 07, 2012, 05:25:32 AM
Quote from: davidsinn on February 07, 2012, 05:16:57 AM

Roger that. Thanks.

Or you pay the four bucks and get a new one with your current grade on it.

Don't forget to update your photo!

We're already paying on the sunny side of $60/year. It's not too much to ask for an up to date card when we promote. It's not like SM promote every eight weeks like cadets can. In five years I've promoted four times. It'll be another 18 months before I can do it again.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

a2capt

When they still had the two cards, I got the library card kind even though I had a photo card issued. I know they don't do that now.

MSG Mac

The reason they only send a free card out on renewal is that the prior practice of sending out new cards on demand (promotion, lost card, or destroyed in the washing machine)
resulted in mailing out close to 200,000 cards in a year for a membership of less than 70,000. If you have a concern about not having the correct grade, download the temp from National which does have the current grade.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member