Stewardess: "Is there a Doctor on board? And, also, is anyone a pilot?"

Started by TankerT, January 27, 2007, 11:13:26 PM

Al Sayre

He can write anything he wants in his log book, as long as he isn't using the time to justify a higher rating.  If I was him I'd put it in mine... great for hanger flying..."Did I ever tell you about the time I got to fly a 757?  There I was sitting in my coach seat next to this guy who..." ;)
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

PhotogPilot

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on January 29, 2007, 04:07:45 PM
My son is a flight attendant for Spirit. They have an AED on board and they are trained to use it.

But when God calls you home, you're going.  All the AED's, CPR, and doctors in the world cannot change that.

Reminds me of a joke I heard once.

Comic: "I'm afraid of flying. Everyone says, when it's your time to go, it's your time. I just don't want to be on the plane when it's the pilot's time to go".

Flying Pig

jimmydeanno

Quote from: afgeo4 on January 28, 2007, 11:43:52 PM
Now, wouldn't it be smarter to authorize CAP members to fly in dress uniforms just for such occasions? Easy to identify someone with wings as a pilot.

[hijack-no pun intended]
Quote from: CAPM-39-1
may wear service dress uniform or light blue, short or long sleeve
shirt/blouse with tie/tab and the all-weather coat, overcoat, and
raincoat when traveling by commercial means (other than to and
from local CAP activities) (see note 2)

NOTE 2: Unit commanders can make exceptions for travel in small commuter aircraft that involve short flights in areas of the country where civilians wear informal clothing because of weather or cramped conditions on the commuter aircraft.
[/hijack]
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

JohnKachenmeister

My son is a flight attendant, and I have a few dozen "Complimentary Cocktail" coupons.  I'll fly in civilian clothes so as not to let them go to waste.
Another former CAP officer

BillB

A Graduate of the IG College, who has a .45 caliber, and complementry cocktail coupons. Now we are in trouble.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: BillB on April 23, 2007, 10:45:46 PM
A Graduate of the IG College, who has a .45 caliber, and complementry cocktail coupons. Now we are in trouble.

...And rides a Harley-Davidson motorcycle.

MIKE

Mike Johnston

JohnKachenmeister