Main Menu

Shoulder Cords

Started by Dracosbane, November 27, 2011, 07:34:58 PM

titanII

My comment about their covers was more just poking fun/rhetorical. I didn't really expect an answer. I figured that it was just because of shadows on their faces.
It's my fault for not expecting a uniform discussion to ensue on CAP Talk  ::) ;D
Carry on, ladies & gents  ;D
No longer active on CAP talk

tsrup

Quote from: titanII on December 06, 2011, 03:25:31 AM

It's my fault for not expecting a uniform discussion to ensue on CAP Talk  ::) ;D

It is (for once) actually in the Uniform & Awards section... and regarding a Uniform Topic...
Paramedic
hang-around.

Major Lord

The aiguillette is handy as a garrote, for tying ones armor into place, hitching your General's steed, or improvising a small animal snare. Perhaps we should all keep a paracord handy just in case....These situations come up so frequently. Frankly I am surprised that the safety nazis have not already prepared a power point on the dangers of "le Aiguillette".

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

HGjunkie

Quote from: Major Lord on December 06, 2011, 02:41:53 PM
The aiguillette is handy as a garrote, for tying ones armor into place, hitching your General's steed, or improvising a small animal snare. Perhaps we should all keep a paracord handy just in case....These situations come up so frequently. Frankly I am surprised that the safety nazis have not already prepared a power point on the dangers of "le Aiguillette".

Major Lord

Erm... Il serait <<l'aiguillette>>, Monsieur.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Major Lord on December 06, 2011, 02:41:53 PM
The aiguillette is handy as a garrote, for tying ones armor into place, hitching your General's steed, or improvising a small animal snare. Perhaps we should all keep a paracord handy just in case....These situations come up so frequently. Frankly I am surprised that the safety nazis have not already prepared a power point on the dangers of "l'Aiguillette".

- ahem - 'deodorant strings'! (Back in my days WIWAC that's what we used to call shoulder cords/aigulettes.)
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040