wuzafuzz

"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

Persona non grata

I am guessing they already have people picked
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: eaker.cadet on September 07, 2011, 01:13:40 PM
I am guessing they already have people picked
Why would they send out an email, if they already have people?

Unless you are saying the email is old.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

JC004

This is all that is available to the members?  I can't find anything else listed anywhere.

a2capt

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on September 07, 2011, 03:25:28 PMWhy would they send out an email, if they already have people?
Exactly. See, it worked. If they had, speaking in general terms, this throws off the scent of having people pre-slotted for a position that is usually drawn from at large.

I'm not saying that at all here. But I do know darn well this goes on daily in this organization. Sometimes it's not bad, sometimes it's not good, sometimes it makes no difference. But it goes on.

Spaceman3750

Hm. Why not promote someone already on the team to lead and give members with less national experience a crack at the open member spot? I'm assuming the lead spot requires significant experience.

Eclipse

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on September 07, 2011, 05:07:15 PM
Hm. Why not promote someone already on the team to lead and give members with less national experience a crack at the open member spot? I'm assuming the lead spot requires significant experience.

A lot of "teams" are an Army of one, and odds are if they are soliciting outside, no one already involved wants the job.

Comm Team is a fairly contentious position, at least viewed from the outside.  Huge scope, lots of money and resources, but far too many cooks.
Have you ever met a comm guy with a subdued opinion?  Try that x's 52 wings and hundred of users, and sprinkle in the ongoing argument discussion of whether CAP Comms are intended to be on-demand mission resources, or dial-tone available message centers, and I know none of the people I respect involved in Comms want anything to do with things on the strategic level that high.

Glider is similar - they are pilots, but a specialized subset, and constantly looking to "steal" resources from the "real" airplanes, not to mention the fact
that while it looks like NHQ is going to try and make some MX money available, they are also planning to reduce the fleet fairly significantly, which I'm sure was a very "direct" discussion.

"That Others May Zoom"

SamFranklin

Quote from: eaker.cadet on September 07, 2011, 01:13:40 PM
I am guessing they already have people picked...  this throws off the scent of having people pre-slotted for a position that is usually drawn from at large.

I'm not saying that at all here. But I do know darn well this goes on daily in this organization. Sometimes it's not bad, sometimes it's not good, sometimes it makes no difference. But it goes on.

Please don't be so cynical. If the leadership doesn't post "job announcements," indeed, that would be a sign of cronyism. But when they do post announcements, it's still not good enough for you?

I've been a member long enough to remember when Wing CC was a closed process. Under MG Courter, the NHQ staff opened as well. Overall, I think they're doing a good job being much more transparent than 10 years ago or more.

Is someone "in mind for the job"?  Possibly.  But that's not nefarious. A lot of workplaces have a leading candidate in mind when a job opens up, but they still post the job to see if someone better is out there.

No conspiracy theories, just CAP leaders doing their best to recruit a good team. If you're interested in one of the positions, I suggest you apply.