Excellent quality of video feed at NB / National Board Aug '11

Started by cap235629, August 17, 2011, 08:23:57 PM

jeders

Item 7, confirmation of officers postponed until tomorrow, moving to item 8, name change of PR Wing.

PR Wing name change recommendation for BoG approved.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

JeffDG

Quote from: JC004 on August 18, 2011, 06:12:55 PM
Quote from: JeffDG on August 18, 2011, 05:01:37 PM
Col. Weiss campaigned for the position, but did so with people who had no vote, and to top that off, those who did have a vote are not, in any way, accountable to those who he was campaigning with. 

That is incorrect.  If you are not a National Board member, then you did not see the campaigning with the National Board members. 
Very well, I withdraw that portion of my comments.

jeders

Item 9, Safety Ed, split into two.

WSA permissions for safety entry passes.

90 day interval on safety ed tabled until later in the meeting to allow more discussion with CAP-USAF

On to item 10. Item 10 passes without discussion.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

lordmonar

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

JC004

Mustang

Why on earth would they need to move discussion of qualifications for those charged with investigation of senior leaders to executive session?  Boo on that.
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

JC004

jeders

I was in and out for a bit so I didn't here what the final word was on item 11-13. Did anyone else catch those?

Eeyore

All of it was tabled.

11 - 12: Gliders were tabled for one year pending cost analysis by NHQ. NHQ will pick up the tab up to $100K.

13: Senior Investigating Officer was tabled to Executive Session

lordmonar

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eeyore

jeders

Quote from: lordmonar on August 18, 2011, 07:24:08 PM
what happened with 9?
Quote from: jeders on August 18, 2011, 06:35:31 PM
Item 9, Safety Ed, split into two.

WSA permissions for safety entry passes.

90 day interval on safety ed tabled until later in the meeting to allow more discussion with CAP-USAF

MSG Mac

Quote from: JeffDG on August 18, 2011, 04:03:17 PM
Quote from: jeders on August 18, 2011, 04:02:02 PM
Vice CC elections after lunch. $9.95 for soup and a half sandwich, no thanks.

Also, does anyone know what the red and white flag to the immediate left of the podium is, I can't place it.
Not sure why it's there, but it's the national flag of the Dominion of Canada.

It;s because the Commander of the Air Cadet League of Canada is represented at the head table
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

jeders

Item 14, Uniform Committee Report, I think that the committee has done some good work, but they still have a lot of work ahead of them. Also I think it makes fairly clear that the AF wanted the CSU gone and gone quick.

JC004

Is there a way we can get a copy of the slideshow from the uniform committee report?

jeders

I don't know, but I'd like to get a copy if for no other reason than to find out the SWR rep.

revchas

Item 7 was put off to later. Does anybody know the names on the list?

A.Member

Quote from: Eclipse on August 18, 2011, 03:52:10 PM
Gen. Carr up.

#1 endorsement.

#2 "Col. Carr has demonstrated his commitment to Gen. Courter."

#3 Col. Fagan - endorsement

#4 Endorsement

"Endorsement" by #3 certainly does not bolster Gen. Carr's credibility.   That's all I'll say about that.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

jeders

On the Patron status and training issue, why has no one brought up the option of doing the training in person and then being brought back to active status? Easy to accomplish, no new programming required. Oh wait, that would make too much sense.

Mustang

Did she just say Item 9, safety compliance interval, will now be in executive session tomorrow??  That is crap.  TRANSPARENCY, PEOPLE!!!
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "