Main Menu

New CAWG Commander

Started by bosshawk, July 14, 2011, 12:23:30 AM

bosshawk

How in the world did a former CAWG member scoop all of the current CAWG folks on this blog?  It was announced today that Major Jon Stokes, currently the Commander of Group 1, has been selected to become the CAWG Commander.  Said change of command will take place in late August at the Wing Conference.

I know Jon, but not well, and I think that he will be a welcome change.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

MIKE

Because the guy who posted first posted in the Membership section.
Mike Johnston

bosshawk

Well, you have to admit that I had eight or ten chances and blew all but one.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

Eclipse

I gotta ask...

Why are you, a former member, and someone who is clearly anti-CAP, or at least anti-CAWG, so interested?

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

From my seat in the back of the peanut gallery, I think that Paul is more anti-CAWG leadership than anything else. That's not a hard thing to do. At my level in the wing, I can mostly ignore the political BS. That wasn't so easy for Paul.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Flying Pig

Quote from: Eclipse on July 14, 2011, 12:44:42 AM
I gotta ask...

Why are you, a former member, and someone who is clearly anti-CAP, or at least anti-CAWG, so interested?

I wont speak for Paul.  But I will.....I can assure you Paul is far from anti-CAP.  Paul's involvement in CAP was practically a full time job when he was CAWG CD Director.  I was proud to have been able to fly on many missions with him.  Paul and I have flown all over the state together as CAPers.
The last two CAWG CD Directors were real life BTDT's whom I have the privilege of calling friends and our times working and sweating for CAP are cherished times.  If either one of them called and needed the shirt off my back, I would get it to them ASAP.  When either one of them spoke and told you something needed done, you knew it needed done.
Interesting that they both left after being fed up with politics.  Seeing those two leave played a big part in my decision to hang up my uniform as well.  CAWG suffered a loss when Paul and Bob left. And believe me, Both of those guys are about the farthest thing from "politically correct".  If you sucked, they told you.  A trait I truly admire.  Some dont, but I do.  But knowing their professional pasts would explain why they didn't have time or the tolerance for certain issues.
Paul is interested in CAP, just as I still am.  Because a huge portion of our lives were spent with CAP.  Because we are no longer paying members doesn't mean we aren't still concerned about the program.
Paul may complain from time to time about goings-on in CAP, but I can assure you, neither he or Bob lodged a complaint without offering a solution.

Persona non grata

Jon is a stand up guy and will do a good job!
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

Flying Pig

I know Ive meet him before but I cant place the face.......

bosshawk

Thanks, Rob, I can't improve on what you said.

For those of you who don't know me, I am not anti-CAP: I had serious issues with the absolute leadership vacuum in CAWG and a whole laundry list of things that I thought could have been improved.  When I was active, I tried to suggest changes.  That obviously wasn't accepted, so I decided that my being out of active service was the best approach.  It has saved me a lot of angst in the past four or five months.

All in all, I am still interested in what happens in CAP: I just don't want to be a part of it.  Last I checked, there was no law saying that I couldn't lurk on CT nor am I precluded from expressing my opinions, when I feel like making them public.  I don't ask you to agree with me: if you don't like what I say, hit delete.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

Eclipse

Quote from: bosshawk on July 14, 2011, 02:47:29 AMLast I checked, there was no law saying that I couldn't lurk on CT nor am I precluded from expressing my opinions, when I feel like making them public.  I don't ask you to agree with me: if you don't like what I say, hit delete.

There isn't and you aren't, and a lot of non-members (those without an agenda) contribute a lot here in both experience and knowledge, I am just personally a little stymied by people who don't want to be in CAP anymore yet still want to discuss it.

The day that CAP is done with me, or vice versa, is the day someone else will start climbing the TMFT ladder.

I tried hitting the "delete" key, but all my computer does is say something about "system files" and then locks up.  After the Geek Squad guy is done,
and I get back into my AOL account, all the posts are still there.  I don't get it - it's happened like 5 times already.

"That Others May Zoom"

Flying Pig

I still like talking about the Infantry and Ive been out since 2000.  Hmmmm, weird. 

PHall

Quote from: Flying Pig on July 14, 2011, 03:17:31 AM
I still like talking about the Infantry and Ive been out since 2000.  Hmmmm, weird.

That's because you never had that implant the Corps implanted in you at the SOI removed. >:D