Lighter Fuel and Shoe Shine

Started by colkemp, June 18, 2011, 07:01:04 PM

Grumpy

AngelWings

Quote from: titanII on July 04, 2011, 02:58:28 AM
Quote from: eaker.cadet on July 03, 2011, 10:21:08 PM
When the day comes we can wear no shine type boots I will be happy.
+1
I dont mean to start an argument, but I personally think that the army's tan boots and the air force's green boots would look fine on BDUs. Might take a little getting used to at first though.
Don't worry, there is no arguement there. I have 2 sets of tan boots, one hot weather and steel toe and the other gore tex. I'd love to wear them with BDU if it was allowed. They look better, too, espically since they all would look generally the same, and the fact that you don't have nowhere has many civilian style boots being purchased, either.

mclarke

Way I was taught. I have spit shined, used it unlit, etc. I always found that they shine better when I light the Kiwi can on fire and then take the liquid kiwi and apply it to the boot. After it dries on the boot, I then apply another coating of non-liquid kiwi. Then I brush it smooth and use the polishing cloth to shine the toe. Then I apply a 3rd coating of non-liquid kiwi to the toe area and shine once more. In total, I spend 15-20 minutes a boot. Nice shine too.

Oh, and I like polishing my boots and clipping IPs, etc... I think you can tell a lot about a person by how they care for there uniform, gear and how they wear it.

Quote from: cap235629 on July 03, 2011, 01:27:17 AM
Quote from: mclarke on July 03, 2011, 12:36:09 AM
I have never stripped off the factory polish, however, I have lit my kiwi on fire, put it out and then use that kiwi to polish my boots.

Why?

Hawk200

Quote from: Littleguy on July 04, 2011, 10:56:47 AM
I have ... gore tex.
The GoreTex ones are nice. We loved the winter in Alaska, because we had to wear GoreTex boots in the winter. They were alot lighter than the non-electrical safety toe.

Grumpy

Quote from: Hawk200 on July 04, 2011, 06:45:53 PM
I have ... gore tex.
The GoreTex ones are nice. We loved the winter in Alaska, because we had to wear GoreTex boots in the winter. They were alot lighter than the non-electrical safety toe.

I live in San Diego.  Sandals are still cool. ;D

AngelWings

Quote from: Grumpy on July 04, 2011, 08:20:55 PM
Quote from: Hawk200 on July 04, 2011, 06:45:53 PM
I have ... gore tex.

I live in San Diego.  Sandals are still cool. ;D
Go Under armor Valstez boots. I want a set. I've heard that they are the lightest boot out there.