Report: Confirmed...Osama Bin Laden Dead!

Started by A.Member, May 02, 2011, 02:47:52 AM

A.Member

Updated per press conference:
Killed during a targeted U.S. special operations (JSOC) raid today in Abottabad, Pakistan (about 150 miles North of Islamabad).

We got the S.O.B.!

To all the men and women that made this possible:
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Eclipse

Wow - the web just lit up on this pretty hard.  They timed that pretty well for the 10-o'clock news in the fly-over's!

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

LOL, no kidding. WhenI first saw this, I searched and nada.

Now, it's exploded.

If someone has a DVR and can record the press conference and dump it to DVD afterwards.. I'd be thankful.

Then I can put it as a capstone on my collection of 9-11 captures.  I don't have anything plugged in at the moment. :(

caphornbuckle

Quote from: Eclipse on May 02, 2011, 02:55:20 AM
Wow - the web just lit up on this pretty hard.  They times that pretty well for the 10-o'clock news in the fly-over's!

Not to include the 5 text messages, 3 e-mails, CAPTalk, Facebook, and a phone call all within10 minutes telling me.  News travels extremely fast now a days!

A.Member...with everyone letting me know, congrats on being the first one!
Lt Col Samuel L. Hornbuckle, CAP

davidsinn

It's too bad we couldn't take him alive. I would've like to see him swinging from a rope and then have his head on a pike on the south lawn as a warning like the Romans... >:D
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Stonewall

Serving since 1987.

Major Lord

Quote from: Stonewall on May 02, 2011, 03:14:11 AM
Can I go home now?

Sorry, you need to dust Kaddafi first, but then its cool...... Unless we add another front to our five current non-wars.

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

JayT

"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

EmergencyManager6

Do you really think that by killing him we are done in the sandbox?  All this is going to do is piss off the bad guys even more.
Force protection went to Bravo at all Military facilities.
Damit....i gotta go to work now...

A.Member

Quote from: davidsinn on May 02, 2011, 03:08:46 AM
It's too bad we couldn't take him alive. I would've like to see him swinging from a rope and then have his head on a pike on the south lawn as a warning like the Romans... >:D
Yeah, but we do have his body.  Which means we could do a Pershing... ;) :D

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: A.Member on May 02, 2011, 02:47:52 AM
Killed a week ago by bomb/missile...details still coming in.

We got the S.O.B.!

To all the men and women that made this possible:

We that's great BUT seriously just like street gangs & drug cartels, there's always someone ready to take their place.   Terrorism is winning because we are having to divert our limited resources into these hunts and the requirements to come up with various protective methods/equipment anywhere Americans are at, including right here on US soil  :-\ :(

Subsequent events will tell what the overall implications this will have.
RM

EmergencyManager6

"The bee hive has officially been kicked."

davidsinn

Quote from: EmergencyManager6 on May 02, 2011, 03:35:08 AM
"The bee hive has officially been kicked."

You making a guess or do you know something? Obviously you shouldn't share what you know if you indeed know something.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

a2capt

Wow.

That closing just sent shivers up my spine. Talk about awakening. I swear, I've never seen that much patriotism from Obama. He was channelling Bush tonight.

Well done.

Now if I can find a copy on video somehow in the next few days..

Senior

The terrorist is now a martyr.  That is a big deal to them.  No one really ever wins in war.
Thanks to those who were part of the takedown. :clap:

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: a2capt on May 02, 2011, 03:50:32 AM
Wow.

That closing just sent shivers up my spine. Talk about awakening. I swear, I've never seen that much patriotism from Obama. He was channelling Bush tonight.

Well done.

Now if I can find a copy on video somehow in the next few days..

It's probably already on youtuve.

Also, Obama has plenty of patriotic and jingo messages out. They all do.

manfredvonrichthofen

Here is the sad part that no one is thinking of.

By killing BinLaden what we have done is making another martyr for their purpose, the highest sort of martyr that there could possibly be, THE leader has given HIS OWN life for the cause. Now someone else will take his place and this will give Alqaeda more to fight for, and a stronger resolve. I would have preferred him taken alive and to lay in a prison hospital on life support until he dies of extreme old age behind bars so he is not a martyr. But... I'll take what I can get  >:D. Congrats to that small group that was allowed to take care of business. But for the news to repeatedly state that spec ops are the only ones that coud possibly have done this is sickening! They are obviously forgetting about every soldier that this country has, Army Infantry and Marine Infantry could have taken care of this no problem.

Eclipse

Kind of interesting to watch as the Wiki article evolves, including the discussions about relevance, importantance, etc., from an academic and policy perspective.

"That Others May Zoom"

A.Member

Quote from: Senior on May 02, 2011, 03:58:25 AM
The terrorist is now a martyr.  That is a big deal to them...
Here's to Bin Laden now finding out that those 72 virgins are all dudes.

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: A.Member on May 02, 2011, 04:09:44 AM
Quote from: Senior on May 02, 2011, 03:58:25 AM
The terrorist is now a martyr.  That is a big deal to them...
Here's to Bin Laden now finding out that those 72 virgins are all dudes.
Nonono that is spelled Virginians... no one seems to catch that.