cadet rank on both sides

Started by flyguy06, December 30, 2006, 05:06:03 PM

DNall

Quote from: mikeylikey on February 07, 2007, 03:23:55 AM
Loosing the branch insignia when the transition was made to the ACU's was a terrible mistake.  It was nice to know what background and career field the officer you were speaking to had.  It took almost 150 years of tradition and flushed it down the toilet. They could have easily kept it!
Agreed, I hate the way it is now. They could have at least put the branch over/under the grade in the new position.

QuoteGet rid of the cutouts alltogether.  If someone can't tell you are in CAP by the other visible identifiers, then poop on them!  It is a throwback that should have been transitioned out.
One more time... yeah it looks better that way, no disputing it, in fact I don;t think anyone has, and it's in the process of ebing fixed on Blues now too. HOWEVER, it is more costly & a logistical nightmare to get & keep your folks uniformed correctly. To the tune of several hundred extra dollars a year that could have been spent on other cadet programs related things, or God forbid gas in my boat.

SAR-EMT1

Dear Lord...dont get me startd on what this new Bio fuel has done to my tanks or my engine... Almost enough to cause my dad and I to trade it in for a SAIL boat.  >:(
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student