Monster winter storm could affect half the country

Started by ltcmark, February 01, 2011, 01:26:43 AM

SarDragon

The weather in Lakeside, California, is 59°F, and dark, with clear skies. The forecast is for continued dark, until morning.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

a2capt

http://twitpic.com/3v9u47 - "Southern California Static Web Cam" - a Peek in time.

The forecast for the next five days, Clear, 34F-65F and ... thats it.

BillB

Many areas of Florida have white stuff on the ground. Only we call it beach sand.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

indygreg

Got a little bit of a lull in Central IN right now, but there is more ice and snow coming this afternoon and evening through tomorrow evening.

Smithsonia

I'm in Denver which is the first stop for this monster storm. Not much snow but plenty of cold. -15 air temp, wind chill -20 this morning. I am busy this morning starting neighbors cars. Self deployment issue aside be neighborly - we'll get through it. Good luck everybody.
With regards;
ED OBRIEN

Tubacap

Woke up this morning and there probably 4" out there in Mansfield PA.  Looking forward to some sledding adventures later on!
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

Fubar

Quote from: mashcraft on February 01, 2011, 01:26:43 AMPlease keep OPSEC in mind.

Well in that case I can neither confirm nor deny the presence of a winter storm in my area.

Major Lord

Quote from: SarDragon on February 01, 2011, 06:47:34 AM
The weather in Lakeside, California, is 59°F, and dark, with clear skies. The forecast is for continued dark, until morning.

Clear proof of "Man- Made Global Warming". 

Major Lord

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: Major Lord on February 01, 2011, 02:51:21 PM

Major Lord
Oh please not this massive load again. Lets keep going with what the thread is and not turn it into trash.

Still nice and clear here in Bloomington, IN. Though everything is covered with a shinny layer of ice, they decided to close school for Monroe County as I heard it at 0700. Colleges have all canceled for the day most of the way across IN, IVY Tech has closed ALL of it's campuses but Bloomington. Still waiting to see what the rest of the day brings, temp is supposed to stay at a high of 31 with rain chances at 100% at noon.

jeders

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on February 01, 2011, 02:58:05 PM
Quote from: Major Lord on February 01, 2011, 02:51:21 PM

Major Lord
Oh please not this massive load again. Lets keep going with what the thread is and not turn it into trash.
I think He's being a little sarcastic there.

I was shoveling snow for about an hour this morning. The best part about it, being outside watching all the bad drivers that I had the good fortune to avoid on my way into work.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Major Lord

Visibility in Napa, California is about 50 feet, its 34 Degrees. Sarcasm levels are indeed high here this morning. Southern Indiana must have their sense of humor index below the acceptable threshold.

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: Major Lord on February 01, 2011, 03:21:23 PM
Visibility in Napa, California is about 50 feet, its 34 Degrees. Sarcasm levels are indeed high here this morning. Southern Indiana must have their sense of humor index below the acceptable threshold.

Major Lord
Very true, I am not in a funny kind of mood. I kept throwing Ice on the sidewalk deck and driveway all night because the ice kept reforming and I didn't want the kids to slip and break an arm or anything new when they had to go to school this morning because our admin system here is full of idiots and didn't call off school until late this morning so we were afraid that they just might have school.

On the bright side I can go ice skating on my pond again.

Major Lord

I have always thought that Hell must be filled with Ice, and not fire.

Major Lord

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: Major Lord on February 01, 2011, 03:53:50 PM

Major Lord
Well hey, if it is filled with fire, at least it's a dry heat, help the guys in FLWG cook off the moss from their wet heat.

tsrup

Major Lord

Dante Alighieri would agree with you
Paramedic
hang-around.

Capt_Redfox30

This is breakdown from the weather service in my area

An update from the National Weather Service as of 3:50 a.m. –

·         Forecasting 14-18" of snow for McLean County

·         Precipitation starting around 11 a.m. to noon in our area

·         Looks like little to no ice accumulation for our area; it should be mostly, if not all, snow

·         Winds of 15-25 mph by noon

·         Winds picking up 25-35 by 3 p.m. with gusts to 45 p.m.

·         Sustained high winds until midnight

·         Precipitation ending mid-Wednesday morning

·         In short, the forecast remains the same with a slight uptick (1-2") of snowfall forecast

I am also a member with my county's Emergency Management Agency and starting at Noon on Tuesday we are starting operations and ending sometime on Wednesday.  So almost a 24hr Op, in my almost four years with the agency we have never had a Winter Weather Operation last that long.  Its going to be a very long day!
Kirk Thirtyacre, Lt Col, CAP
(Acting) Group Commander
Group 3 HQ

Major Lord

Quote from: tsrup on February 01, 2011, 04:33:04 PM

Major Lord

The 9th circle.....Reserved for traitors, Satan, and Amway Salesmen.....You won't find many Floridians there......

Major Lord

a2capt

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Major Lord on February 01, 2011, 04:59:03 PM
Quote from: tsrup on February 01, 2011, 04:33:04 PM

Major Lord

The 9th circle.....Reserved for traitors, Satan, and Amway Salesmen.....You won't find many Floridians there......

Major Lord

:clap: :clap:

Been there, tried that, got out almost right away. Freaking Cults...

Major Lord

And before any of the multi-level people counter-attack, be advised its poetry, and in Latin, so open to some interpretation...Nice photo of the Hell sign... thats out by 29 Palms somewhere isn't it?

Major Lord