2011 Combat Control Orientation Course

Started by Spartan, January 06, 2011, 04:16:00 AM

N Harmon

I just wanted to say thanks for the reply. I am sort of overwhelmed. When I watched the video for this activity I did not get the impression that it was as rigorous as say, PJOC or HMRS. With the exception of some airborne training, the video showed a lot of classroom and PT, so I wondered if there were good reasons for the PT and category requirements. And clearly there are.

Again, thanks.
NATHAN A. HARMON, Capt, CAP
Monroe Composite Squadron

Spartan

I am glad you asked the question.  I think it is a good idea to make sure that we are in compliance with standing regulations, and that the restrictions we have in place are still relevant.  The video for 2010 shows a more cerebral side to CCOC and doesn't show a lot of the reasons for the physical requirements.  I can see where these requirements would have been perceived as excessive given the context they were compared to.

Spartan

There are only three months remaining before the deadline for applications passes.  If you want to attend CCOC, your application must be post marked or time stamped prior to 15 May 2011.  The physical assessment must be certified by your squadron commander or their representative for it to be valid.  P-4 of your CAPF 31 must have your wing commander's endorsement if you are not from NCWG.  Ensure you give your chain of command plenty of time to receive your application and get it back to you.  Don't wait until the last minute to get your application sent up the chain of command, you may not make the deadline.

SaBeR33

One of my squadron's cadets attended CCOC last summer and had a blast! Since he is a glutton for pain (he wants to become a SEAL after graduating from the USNA if he gets accepted), he attended PJOC at Kirtland AFB almost immediately after CCOC, but he did say PJOC was much more physically demanding.

Spartan

The difficulty level at CCOC is partially dependant on the students cooperating with each other to meet the standards set by the course.  I have no basis to compair CCOC with PJOC as I have not attended the latter.  I know which student you are referring to.  Based on who the cadet is, and his performance at CCOC, I have no issue with his assessment.  I am also glad he had a blast.

As an activity, we are not trying to compete for the most physically demanding activity.  We want to provide an insight to an aspect of the Air Force, specifically one career field in the AFSOC community that hasn't been covered by other activities in CAP.

Spartan

There is just a little more than 2 months left before the application deadline for the 2011 Combat Control Orientation Course will arrive.  If you are interested in applying, you will need to act soon.  Applications will be accepted until 2359 hrs on 15 May 2011.

The CCOC website has been updated and can be found here. http://www.capnc007.org/ccoc/usafccoc.html  It includes a link to the updated Physical Assessment Worksheet.

For those of you who are asking, "Why should I consider CCOC as one of my summer activities?"  here are a number of reasons why.  At CCOC a student gets to do things that they will never get to do at any other CAP activity.  Some of the activities at CCOC include parachute operations familiarization that provides a window into the Airborne training that every CCT must pass.  We can't throw you out of an airplane, but we can have a Jumpmaster at the Advanced Airborne School at Ft. Bragg prepare you to jump out of a 34 foot tower.  If that isn't enough, CCOC offers the opportunity to learn about military free fall operations.  If you have ever wondered what it is like to plummet through the sky, you will have the opportunity to learn what that is like in a vertical wind tunnel where last year each student gets the equivalent free fall time of more than three free fall jumps.  Still not enough?  Every CCT is also an FAA licensed air traffic controller.  At CCOC, students are given the chance to not only see an air traffic control tower in operation, they are able to use the same simulator that the Air Force Air Traffic Controllers and CCT's use for training on air traffic control operations.  There is more to CCOC than this.  If you like physical training, students get to do PT with some of the Combat Control School's best instructors.  They also learn about the basics of the CCT and Air Force Special Tactics mission.  Not enough for you yet?  CCOC also gives students a basic introduction into another part of the CCT job, close air support operations.  Students also have a chance to interact with and receive familiarization on many of the weapon systems and equipment that Air Force Special Tactics Airmen and CCT's use to do their job. 

Ensure your application is legible and has:
-CAPF 31 with all applicable signatures
-CAPF 60
-Completed Physical Assessment with a passing score in all events.

Please feel free to direct questions here or to ccoc-xo@ncwg.cap.gov

Spartan

There is only one month remaining until the deadline for the 2011 Combat Control Orientation Course arrives.  After 15 May 2011, applications will not be accepted.  Now is the time to get your application finished to make sure it meets the standards and has all required signatures.

We are receiving applications at an increasing rate.  To ensure that you have the best chance possible of being selected please check your application packet for the following requirements:
-Legibility on all hand written forms
-All necessary signatures on p-4 of your CAPF 31.  This includes your signature.  If you are not a member of NC wing, you MUST have your wing commander or their representative endorse the wing certification area.
-A completed CAPF 60 is part of the application packet.
-The physical assessment worksheet must accompany the application packet with passing scores in all events.  Don't just do the minimum, give the assessment everything you have.  It may come down to the results in the physical assessments as to who is awarded a primary slot.  Also, the assessment needs to be certified by your squadron commander or their representative.

Applications can be sent one of two ways; electronically to ccoc-xo@ncwg.cap.gov in PDF or JPEG format or to the following address.

CCOC
2128 Buckhorn Rd.
Fayetteville, NC 28304

Don't miss out on what could be the most exciting activity of the summer.

Spartan

There are only 6 more days to get your applications in for the 2011 Combat Control Orientation Course!  All applications must be post marked or time stamped no later than 2359:59 hours, 15 May 2011 to be considered for attendance.

Don't miss out on your chance to attend CCOC because you waited until the last minute to get your application turned in.