Benefits of a USAF Officer CAP/CC

Started by PhoenixRisen, December 06, 2010, 12:27:32 AM

FW

Quote from: Longshot on February 07, 2011, 12:38:58 AM
Quote from: JeffDG on February 07, 2011, 12:28:45 AM
Quote from: Longshot on February 07, 2011, 12:17:50 AM
Your "CAP Insightful" comments are being monitored and endorsed by the dishonored, discredited, and correctly "dis-membered"  Ray Hayden.  Perhaps Bernie Maddow will be next.   ;D

Is he some kind of offspring of the jailed Ponzi Schemer and the MSNBC host?

Kind of...

Maybe we'll get commentary from Rachel Maddow someday for this however, RH has some credentials dealing with organizational dynamics.  And, his past is not that different from the other guy who comments on our goings on either.  So, how that relates to our discussion here is irrelevant.  As was said earlier on this thread; this is a great conversation and, maybe, something worthwhile will come from it.

Mustang

Quote from: FW on February 07, 2011, 02:55:39 AMIt may seem clear to you however, there seems to be confusion where it matters most; between the commander and the BoG. 

Though this was unquestionably true of her predecessor, I've heard nothing--save for the usual internet RUMINT--that suggests the incumbent CAP/CC harbors similar delusions of grandeur.

To the contrary, in fact.
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

FW

^  I'm saying there is confusion on "who is in charge between the CC and BoG".  How one reads in on that is their business.... >:D

ColonelJack

Quote from: FW on February 07, 2011, 12:16:27 PM
^  I'm saying there is confusion on "who is in charge between the CC and BoG".  How one reads in on that is their business.... >:D

Colonel ... are you sure you're not in government somewhere?  You've got that "speak much but say nothing" down pat.   ;D

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

Longshot

Quote from: FW on February 07, 2011, 03:06:45 AM
Quote from: Longshot on February 07, 2011, 12:38:58 AM
Quote from: JeffDG on February 07, 2011, 12:28:45 AM
Quote from: Longshot on February 07, 2011, 12:17:50 AM
Your "CAP Insightful" comments are being monitored and endorsed by the dishonored, discredited, and correctly "dis-membered"  Ray Hayden.  Perhaps Bernie Maddow will be next.   ;D

Is he some kind of offspring of the jailed Ponzi Schemer and the MSNBC host?

Kind of...

Maybe we'll get commentary from Rachel Maddow someday for this however, RH has some credentials dealing with organizational dynamics.  And, his past is not that different from the other guy who comments on our goings on either.  So, how that relates to our discussion here is irrelevant.  As was said earlier on this thread; this is a great conversation and, maybe, something worthwhile will come from it.

Wouldn't it be interesting to see the true identity of these posters! 

ZigZag911

Quote from: Eclipse on February 06, 2011, 06:41:38 PM
My personal experience has been Super-Chiefs are the backbone of the military and in most cases amazing leaders, in a military environment
with people duty-bound to serve them to the point of death.

Less-so in the all-volunteer, "you're lucky I showed up at all" mentality of the average CAP member.

Try getting retired reserve E-9 or E-8; they are more used to dealing with "civilian" attitudes.

FW

Quote from: ColonelJack on February 07, 2011, 01:29:44 PM
Quote from: FW on February 07, 2011, 12:16:27 PM

Colonel ... are you sure you're not in government somewhere?  You've got that "speak much but say nothing" down pat.   ;D

Jack

After 35 years as a member, I've learned when to speak out and when to keep quiet.  This is one of those times.... 8)

However, it is obvious to almost everyone who cares, we need to change the way we care and feed our CAP.  No one can argue the last 13 years of our history has been tumultuous.  We need to find a better way handle our governance.  I've observed an exhaustion at the top I've not seen before.  The excitement and exuberance seems to have to diminished and, a feeling malaise and, a certain fatalism has crept in.  Our leaders must recapture the "can do " spirit; re learn to govern with a real positive force behind them.  So, if a study is authorized, I'm for it.  Hopefully, we will relight the afterburners zoom out and, find those clear skies which are ahead.

As Ned says, "stay tuned".

BillB

It could be said the change over the years from a "get the job done CAP" to a "protect the corporation CAP" has caused the changes in governence we see now. When the Commander of CAP-USAF was a general grade officer, he was the governing factor in CAP. The National Board and the NEC basically conducted the business of CAP and made recommendations to the Commander CAP-USAF who had the final say. CAP-USAF included active duty personnel in each Wing who advised the Wing Commanders. And the system worked. Can CAP go back to such an organization? Highly unlikely due to drawdowns in USAF.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

FW

^Yes, it is highly unlikely we will go back to a structure we had previous to 1994.  It's too costly for the Air Force and, unrealistic with our "ownership" of over $105 million worth of property, vehicles, aircraft and equipment; which is currently well handled at NHQ.   CAP-USAF is better suited as is; as our external auditors for operational readiness, logistics support and, interface with "Big Blue". 

We need a better ways for us to get things done.  Our leadership needs better defined roles and a better understanding of how to govern and lead.  I'm actually getting exited about what will be proposed after the study is concluded.  Of course, someone will have to be willing to conduct it... :angel: