CAP Aircraft in Horsemen Video

Started by ♠SARKID♠, November 30, 2010, 11:15:44 PM

♠SARKID♠

For those who have never been to airshowbuzz.com, The Horsemen put out the most phenomenal aviation videos on the web.  I was watching their latest when I saw, about halfway through, a CAP aircraft tucked away on the ramp.  As far as I can tell the tail number is N97313, anyone know where that one is stationed?

http://www.asb.tv/videos/view.php?v=1e7e872b&a=feature

Eclipse

Google says Massachusetts.  Looks like an '84 172

It has traded paint in the past:  http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?ev_id=20001213X32427&key=1

"That Others May Zoom"

♠SARKID♠

Yeah, I saw that too, but Wikipedia says The Horsemen fly out of Texas.  Who knows, maybe they flew up there  for the contest winners.

Eclipse

The other two planes in this photo are registered to PA and WY, respectively.
Based on the fact that the winner is from PA and the surrounding terrain, this must be somewhere in PA.

Since PAWG and MDWG are both in NER, that makes sense.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

OK, so it is Philly...

Shippensburg woman will ride in fighter plane
By Dale Heberlig, Sentinel Reporter, December 23, 2009

Pamela Pfeninger won a ride on a fighter plane from Air Show Buzz. A Shippensburg woman will roar into the Philadelphia sky in March on a ride very few can lay claim to.

Pamela Pfeninger, a mother of three, says a ride in the legendary P-51 Mustang fighter plane is "an opportunity of a lifetime."

She won the privilege from among 1,600 entrants in an online Horsemen Flight Team Sweepstakes sponsored by Air Show Buzz.

ASB touts it self as the "world's first and only media company delivering the passion of aviation and its lifestyle to millions of consumers worldwide."

The ASB Web site www.ASB.tv launched the sweepstakes during the summer to celebrate the premier of the company's brand new TV show "The Horsemen Cometh." The show stars three of the world's most in-demand air show pilots: ASB partners Jim Beasley, Dan Friedkin and Ed Shipley,

Pfeninger describes herself as "a student of history and aircraft." She says her interest in aviation was fueled by childhood visits with her grandfather to air shows like "The Blue Angels," and to watch spectacles like Pearl Harbor re-enactments.

"Air shows have been in my blood since I was young," Pfeninger says. "When I saw the contest, I knew it was an opportunity I couldn't pass up."

She's well-versed in the heroics of P-51 Mustangs and their pilots in World War II and excited and honored to get a ride in the prop-driven piston-engine plane.

She points out that the P-51 is credited with turning the tide of the air war over Germany, providing the fighter cover that made bombing runs by Allied pilots successful.

The Aviation History Web site credits the P-51 with destroying 4,950 German aircraft in the European theater from mid-1943 until the end of the war.

"I've never flown on anything but a commercial flight, but there's no fear, just anticipation," says Pfeninger. "It's a once-in-a-lifetime chance to ride in a plane that was involved in combat and was actually shot at during the war."

Pfeninger says her family — husband Charles, daughters Paige (16) and Gabbi (12) and son Michael (15) — are thrilled with her good fortune.

Pfeninger says her husband is overjoyed, but maybe just a little jealous.

"We're both very adventurous, so I think he probably wishes he was going up."

The three kids are "beside themselves," Pfeninger says.

"I've always shared my love of history with the children," she says. "We've talked about aircraft dogfights, and watched the History Channel, so I'm thinking they have a little fear, but realize how unique this is and how excited I am."

Pfeninger says sweepstakes guidelines called for a paid commercial flight to and from Dallas and the P-51 flight out of a Texas hangar.

"They've been gracious enough to come to Philadelphia, instead," Pfeninger says. "I am so thankful to Air Show Buzz for providing me what I'm sure will be an unforgettable adventure — flying in such an amazing aircraft, away from all the stresses a mother such as myself experiences."

"The Horsemen Cometh," currently airs on ASB.tv. Plans call for future traditional television broadcast.

The series says it uses the backdrop of low-level formation aerial acrobatics to capture the guts, glory and fearlessness of air show flying.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

♠SARKID♠

The google-fu flows strong within you, thanks.

davidsinn

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on December 01, 2010, 05:55:22 PM
The google-fu flows strong within you,

I don't know if you've ever met the man but it's like a visible aura around him...
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

DakRadz

^^ Yes, but how many of us get paid to hone our Google fu?

And our major smartphone fu- and also Iphone fu. (See what I stole from Eclipse and did there? 8))

davidsinn

Quote from: DakRadz on December 02, 2010, 12:48:41 AM

Me now...Been unemployed a month now with no good job leads yet. >:(
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

NIN

Quote from: davidsinn on December 02, 2010, 12:55:24 AM

Employed a week now, after three months off.  Kinda sucked. 

The week I turned up the job search to 11, I found a job.  Hang tough, man, it will get better.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

davidsinn

Quote from: NIN on December 02, 2010, 01:00:15 AM
Quote from: davidsinn on December 02, 2010, 12:55:24 AM

Employed a week now, after three months off.  Kinda sucked. 

The week I turned up the job search to 11, I found a job.  Hang tough, man, it will get better.

I've been at 11. My career field is a lagging indicator of the economy.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Eclipse

Quote from: DakRadz on December 02, 2010, 12:48:41 AM

And our major smartphone fu- and also Iphone fu. (See what I stole from Eclipse and did there? 8))

Well played...

"That Others May Zoom"