Wearing you beret from NBB outside of NBB?

Started by Titan 25, November 18, 2010, 09:09:15 PM

The CyBorg is destroyed

So, does that mean that the Wings that have authorised wear of the blue beret by their members are out of line according to CAP regs?

My wing hasn't authorised it and I don't have a blue beret, so I don't have a dog in the fight.

Quote from: RSalort on November 12, 2012, 09:50:54 PM
That's a different issue. Everyone knows that CAPM 39-1 is way overdue for an update.

Probably the best-known, most common issue since it was figured out that CAP stood for "Come And Pay."

Whether it will ever be fully overhauled/updated with no Texas-sized holes in it is another matter entirely.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Eclipse

Quote from: CyBorg on November 12, 2012, 09:52:45 PM
So, does that mean that the Wings that have authorised wear of the blue beret by their members are out of line according to CAP regs?

By the letter of the regs.  Correct.  The only thing actually not expired and in force is 39-1 as published in 2005.

Am I foolish enough to not understand the intent?  No. But one still has to ask why 5-4 was left as-is considering that a number
of policies and ICL's are being used which purport to be valid until the reg is updated, in direct contradiction to the respective reg.
One could argue they are all invalidated since 5-4 reaffrims that ICLs expire and they all predate 5-4.

Members should not have to be in the position of figuring out "intent', for something which should be straightforward like uniforms, etc.,
not in this day and age when the regs can be updated and corrected in real time.

"That Others May Zoom"

Storm Chaser

Excellent point. CAPM 39-1 (and other outdated regs) should be revised and updated soon. With everything going on in CAP, we should not have to debate reg interpretations due to outdated or vague instructions. It's hard enough to get members to wear uniforms properly without having to interpret what is valid or not.

Danger

"Never take anything too seriously."

Storm Chaser

Florida Wing allows for those completing NBB to wear the blue beret within the Wing, but prohibits it on military installations, according to their supplement.

That Anonymous Guy

Am I the only one who wants to go NBB and doesn't care about the beret?

RogueLeader

Quote from: NY Wing King on November 18, 2012, 03:14:33 PM

No. The only one active on captalk, quite likely.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

The CyBorg is destroyed

If I were your CC, I'd nominate you for a Commander's Commendation...
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Garibaldi

I prefer working the WIWG REDCAP over paying a bunch of money to do the same thing and get a beret, thank you.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

That Anonymous Guy

Quote from: CyBorg on November 18, 2012, 04:46:13 PM

If I were your CC, I'd nominate you for a Commander's Commendation...
Well thank you very much sir/ma'am.

NCRblues

In fact, you are not. I have posted several times on here, that I love NBB as an NCSA but have no love for the felt French surrender hat itself.
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

That Anonymous Guy

The beret is nice but a someone who is applying December 1st, I going for the airshow. At encampment it was brought up in a class and suddenly 3 cadets wanted to go. Coincidence?

ol'fido

If you brought up a chance to go to a Gregorian Chant concert during a class at encampment, three cadets would want to go. ::)
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

NCRblues

Quote from: NY Wing King on November 19, 2012, 12:07:12 AM
I going for the airshow.

Going for the airshow?

This is one of the largest misconceptions about NBB and it trips my trigger every time I see it.

This NCSA is a WORKING NCSA. It's a bonus that the airshow is going on, but CAP is up there to work. On airshow days, the flights work a 12 hour shift of Emergency Services, Warbird Security, flight line marshalling, KP, CQ and any other random tasking the EAA/FAA/DOD/AF wants CAP to do.

NBB is not a free-for-all at the EAA Airventure, its working (and hard long days at that) end rant...
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

sab163

Quote from: NCRblues on November 18, 2012, 11:38:46 PM

In fact, you are not. I have posted several times on here, that I love NBB as an NCSA but have no love for the felt French surrender hat itself.

French Surrender Hat that pulls my trigger and I take GREAT OFFENCE to that!!!!!!

cap235629

Quote from: sab163 on November 19, 2012, 01:52:23 AM

French Surrender Hat that pulls my trigger and I take GREAT OFFENCE to that!!!!!!

Lighten up Francis......
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

Eclipse

Stop me if you've heard this one.

How can you tell if a used tank is from France?

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Quote from: cap235629 on November 19, 2012, 02:41:08 AM

Lighten up Francis......  <-

FTFY!  ;)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

The CyBorg is destroyed

I trace my ancestry in part to Alsace-Lorraine...OK, it's mostly ethnic Germans but it's still part of France...they didn't surrender; a lot of them were the most vigorous members of the Resistance.

Again, I have no idea why there is such antipathy to the beret in the U.S., considering that it is common issue in Commonwealth countries and virtually all of Europe (not just Frankreich).
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

jimmydeanno

Quote from: Eclipse on November 19, 2012, 03:13:01 AM

Stop me if you've heard this one.

How can you tell if a used tank is from France?

It has a window in the back to see the war?
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill