Miniature Ground Team badges from Vanguard!!!

Started by Pace, December 01, 2006, 08:00:02 PM

Pace

It's about freakin time:
QuoteHi Team,

Vanguard has produced the Miniature Ground Team badges, but because they are new, they are not showing up on their website yet.  The miniature size GT badges look better on shirts, blouses, and the mess dress uniform; plus they match miniature wings better.  The miniature badges also have better detail than the full sized ones.  To order them call Vanguard at 1-757-857-3600 (best) or 1-800-221-1264.

CAP07581     BASIC GROUND TEAM MINIATURE BADGE  $2.75

CAP07581A   SENIOR GROUND TEAM MINIATURE BADGE $3.00

CAP07581B   MASTER GROUND TEAM MINIATURE BADGE $3.25 (already backordered)

Vanguard will also be producing the Miniature Paramedic/EMT badges shortly.  They are also working on the CAP approved strap-on Orange Roof Triangle Panels for the privately owned vehicles that may be used on actual or training missions.

Pleaseforward this message to the field.

//SIGNED//

JOSEPH H. ABEGG, Lt Col, CAP

National Emergency ServicesOfficer
Lt Col, CAP

DNall

Yeah I just got the same email, but I gotta say it's a little wierd. The full-szed GT badge we have is so much smaller (narrower anyway) than AF badges, that it looked right w/ mini wings, it looked less right with the full sized wings on the service coat. Wish they would have just tweaked the thing up a bit & made mini/full-size of that with a long mandatory date.

MIKE

I can see using 'em for Mess Dress, but I think I will stick to the full size for everything else.  It's the only badge I wear on the shirts anyway.
Mike Johnston

JohnKachenmeister

Another former CAP officer

Pylon

QuoteTo order them call Vanguard at 1-757-857-3600 (best) or 1-800-221-1264.

I laugh at that part.  Really... call their long-distance number so, when Vanguard is charging you 40% markup, and 90% markup on shipping costs, you can help save them 50¢ at your own expense.

Edit:  Whoo!  1,000th post!
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Psicorp

Quote from: Pylon on December 05, 2006, 05:10:26 AM
QuoteTo order them call Vanguard at 1-757-857-3600 (best) or 1-800-221-1264.

I laugh at that part.  Really... call their long-distance number so, when Vanguard is charging you 40% markup, and 90% markup on shipping costs, you can help save them 50¢ at your own expense.

Just wait till they outsource their customer service!  :D

Edit:  Whoo!  1,000th post!

Here's your sign...err medal!   ;D

Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

Pylon

So how they coming on that Eaker mini-medal that nobody has gotten around to producing since they introduced the award?   ::) :P

Psicorp

Quote from: Pylon on December 05, 2006, 07:41:26 PM
So how they coming on that Eaker mini-medal that nobody has gotten around to producing since they introduced the award?   ::) :P

I've been wondering about that.  I'm just now starting to put together my first Mess Dress uniform and thought maybe that was one of those things they won't post on their website but you can call and get it.   Maybe we can wear the Spaatz ribbon in the meantime if we cut the medal in half (we were "that" close!)  ;)   

Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

fyrfitrmedic

Speaking of items not on the website, i sent an email request re: one such item. The response I got was 'yes, we have it - call customer service'. I knew they had it, I wanted to know the price before ordering...

[shaking head]
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

O-Rex

They also have the new embroidered rank on dark blue, but you have to request it by phone

SJFedor

I bet if vanguard got 57,000 emails to cap@vanguardmil.com demanding better customer service, a better (and updated) website, and a few other things, that may get their attention.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Pylon

Quote from: SJFedor on December 06, 2006, 10:17:27 PM
I bet if vanguard got 57,000 emails to cap@vanguardmil.com demanding better customer service, a better (and updated) website, and a few other things, that may get their attention.

I bet if CAP got all of its 57,000 members to even show up to meetings, that would get a lot of people's attention.   ;)

DNall

I bet if there were even currently 57k members on the books, or even half of them showed up to meetings, or we could get back all the people we've lost in the last three years... Screw vanguard. Do what ya gotta to make it work for now, we got bigger fish to fry.

LtCol White

I just called Vanguard to order the min master GT badge and they are in stock and not backordered. At least that what the lady said the computer shows.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

floridacyclist

So....do you like wear the miniature GT badge when serving on a mini ground team?
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

LtCol White

Its for wear by the CAP groundteam action figure
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

Becks

Quote from: floridacyclist on December 07, 2006, 02:08:42 PM
So....do you like wear the miniature GT badge when serving on a mini ground team?

Hasty search team?  ;D

BBATW

Hawk200

Quote from: LtCol White on December 07, 2006, 04:26:19 PM
Its for wear by the CAP groundteam action figure

You know, National wants to make some money.....

TankerT

/Insert Snappy Comment Here

Psicorp

Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

JC004

Pace

I got my basic and senior mini-GT badges in yesterday, but the master mini-GT badge is backordered.

The basic GT mini badge is 13/16" wide and 5/8" tall.  The detail is slightly better than the normal sized ones, and they look quite nice with the mini-wings.  I'm quite impressed with how this one worked out.  Bravo NHQ and Vanguard!
Lt Col, CAP

DNall

That sounds REALLY small. Again, I'm of the opinion that the one we have now should be remade the size of AF badges (preferablly with their outter wreath), so I think the one we have now already looks like a mini-badge.

Pylon

Quote from: dcpacemaker on December 08, 2006, 09:56:57 PM
I got my basic and senior mini-GT badges in yesterday, but the master mini-GT badge is backordered.

The basic GT mini badge is 13/16" wide and 5/8" tall.  The detail is slightly better than the normal sized ones, and they look quite nice with the mini-wings.  I'm quite impressed with how this one worked out.  Bravo NHQ and Vanguard!

Could ya post a photo or two?  ;)

Pace

I just got back in town.  I'm leaving again within the hour, but I'll try to post a pic sometime in the next day or two.
Lt Col, CAP