Main Menu

AAFES price list

Started by dogboy, June 09, 2010, 05:31:58 PM

Vegas1972

Prices are pretty close in store to what is listed on shopmyechange.com if you're interested.  Prices aren't terribly different from what's listed at the beginning of this post. 

You can still buy the dlats short sleeve blue shirt for $14.17.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid.", Sgt. John M. Stryker.

AlphaSigOU

I currently have online access to AAFES but as an overseas civilian contractor I cannot purchase uniform items online. Only active duty, reserve, guard and retirees coded in DEERS can purchase uniforms in shopmyexchange.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Vegas1972

Yep, you can't buy through shopmyexchange.com.  Merely pointing out that there is no need to compile a new price list as one go see what the prices are in clothing sales at that site. 

abdsp51

Quote from: addlemanb on May 30, 2017, 03:59:45 PM
Yep, you can't buy through shopmyexchange.com.  Merely pointing out that there is no need to compile a new price list as one go see what the prices are in clothing sales at that site.

You forget that not all CAP members have access to shopmyexchange.com.

Vegas1972

Quote from: abdsp51 on May 30, 2017, 05:05:39 PM

what do you mean?   I don't have any special privileges...just typed in shopmyexchange.com and looked at the prices...

PHall

Quote from: addlemanb on May 30, 2017, 05:11:06 PM

what do you mean?   I don't have any special privileges...just typed in shopmyexchange.com and looked at the prices...

Try to make a purchase...

Vegas1972

Quote from: PHall on May 30, 2017, 07:04:46 PM
Quote from: addlemanb on May 30, 2017, 05:11:06 PM

Try to make a purchase...

I'm well aware of that, which is why, if you actually read my post, it says "yep, you can't buy through shopmyexchange.com".    ]

GaryJSO

I went onto the AAFES website today (31 May 2017) and pulled down the current prices for all the uniform items usable by CAP members.  I think.

Apologies for the formatting; I'm not proficient with the tables tool here.

Men's Uniforms   
DLATS Men's Blue Long Sleeve Shirt   $18.37
DLATS Men's Blue Short Sleeve Shirt   $14.17
Blue Long Sleeve Shirt   $44.95
Blue Short Sleeve Shirt   $41.95
Men's Service Trousers   $39.95
DLATS Men's Service Dress Uniform Trousers   $42.75
DLATS Men's Enlisted Flight Cap   $10.57
Officer Flight Cap   $13.95
Enlisted/Company Grade Service Cap   $44.70
Field Grade Service Cap   $59.80
Blue Elastic Belt   $11.70
Chromium Plated Men's Belt Buckle   $4.38
DLATS Adjustable Belt (Cotton) with Chrome Tip   $2.96
Officer Service Dress Coat   $179.95
DLATS Men's Enlisted Service Dress Coat   $111.99
DLATS Men's Military Black Leather Oxford Dress Shoes   $50.31
Capps Men's Airlite Oxfords   $71.00
Bates Men's Durashock Uniform Shiny Poromeric Oxford Shoes   $90.00
Bates Men's Military Oxford Shoes   $94.95
Bates Men's Uniform Lite Oxford 942   $94.00
DLATS Men's Blue Lightweight Jacket with Liner   $82.41
V Neck Sweater   $46.95
Men's Top Coat with Liner   $190.00
DLATS Men's Blue All Weather Coat   $93.14
Male/Female Cardigan Sweater   $49.95
Clip On Neck Tie   $5.95
DLATS Neck Tie   $5.76
Tie Bar (Hap Arnold)   $7.50
DLATS RABU Coat   $34.69
DLATS RABU Trousers   $41.93
DLATS RABU Cap   $6.02
DLATS Issue Sand Rigger Belt (ABU)   $3.88
DLATS Foliage Green Fleece Jacket   $64.00
APECS Digital Tiger Jacket   $133.82
Air Force Mess Dress Jacket   $174.95
Air Force Blue Mess Dress Trousers   $73.95
Formal White Shirt   $44.95
Cummerbund   $13.95
Button Suspenders   $11.10
Replacement Studs, 2 pk.   $9.20
Clip On Suspenders   $9.00
Air Force Satin Clip On Bow Tie   $4.95

Women's Uniforms   
DLATS Female Blue Short Sleeve Tuck In Shirt   $12.63
DLATS Female Blue Long-Sleeve Tuck In Shirt   $16.01
Female Short Sleeve Overblouse (Poly/Cotton)   $26.95
Female Long Sleeve Overblouse (Poly/Cotton)   $31.95
Female Overblouse (Short Sleve Poly/Wool)   $34.95
Female Long Sleeve Overblouse (Poly/Wool)   $37.95
Maternity Long Sleeve Blue Shirt   $31.95
Female White Semi Formal Short Sleeve Shirt   $23.95
Female Service Slacks   $30.00
DLATS Female Service Dress Uniform Slacks   $41.39
Maternity Slacks   $30.00
DLATS Service Dress Uniform Skirt   $36.69
Service Skirt   $45.00
Maternity Skirt   $29.00
Female 1 in. Blue Belt   $8.80
DLATS Female Enlisted Service Dress Coat   $102.25
DLATS Female Enlisted Flight Cap   $9.42
Female Officer Blue Flight Cap   $14.20
Female Service Cap   $47.95
Enlisted, Company Grade Female Hat Band   $23.95
Field Grade Female Hat Band   $58.95
Capps Dress Pumps 90131   $51.00
Capp's Dress Pumps   $55.00
Capp's Women's Airlite Oxford   $71.00
Bates Women's High Gloss Oxford 742   $90.00
DLATS Wraparound Inverted V Necktab   $7.09
Necktab Satin Velcro Female   $11.20
DLATS Female Blue Lightweight Jacket with Liner   $77.49
V Neck Sweater   $46.95
Male/Female Cardigan Sweater   $49.95
Female Top Coat with Liner   $190.00
DLATS RABU Coat Female   $33.22
DLATS RABU Trousers (Female)   $40.69
DLATS RABU Cap   $6.02
DLATS RABU Maternity Coat   $28.66
DLATS RABU Maternity Trousers   $20.95
DLATS Issue Sand Rigger Belt (ABU)   $3.88
DLATS Foliage Green Fleece Jacket   $64.00
APECS Digital Tiger Jacket   $133.82
Female Mess Dress Uniform Jacket   $175.00
Female Mess Dress Uniform A line Skirt   $82.00
Bremen Bowden Mess Dress Uniform, Side Slit Skirt   $69.95
Female Formal White Shirt   $44.95
Adjustable Cummerbund Female   $13.95
Female Mess Dress Necktab   $12.00
Necktab Satin Velcro Female   $11.20
Replacement Studs, 2 pk (Hap Arnold design)   $9.20

PHall

The only place you can purchase DLATS uniform items is from AAFES. Outside vendors like Vanguard have no access to them.
This is one reason why the uniform prices at Vanguard are higher then AAFES.

GaryJSO

Vanguard's (IMHO) most horrendously over-priced uniform item has to be the Blue Short- and Long-Sleeve Shirt.  DLATS (Defense Logistics Agency Troop Support) sells these for $12-$18, varying by sleeve and sex.  Vanguard (and AAFES) sells an approved commercial version of these, allegedly of better materiel and workmanship (not my experience, but that's what the AAFES employees will tell you when you ask) for between $35 and $45.

There is a potential alternative DLATS source for those who can't get to AAFES Clothing Sales,  If there is a Coast Guard Station nearby, the USCG wears the exact same light blue shirt as the USAF.  And their prices are within a few cents of the AAFES DLATS price.  According to the USCG Uniform Distribution Center's current Stockbook (https://www.uscg.mil/uniform/docs/STOCKBOOK.pdf) the USCG Male S/S Blue Shirt costs $14.31, the AAFES DLATS Price for that item is $14.17.  The USCG Exchanges also have leather and synthetic low quarter shoes, ribbon mounts, shirt garters, white t's, socks, blousing cords (in dark blue) and a number of other military uniform-unique accessories for sale at prices on par with those of an AAFES MCS.

A couple caveats: First, the USCG dark blue uniform items (trousers, garrison cap, service jacket, etc.) are NOT the same shade of blue as the corresponding USAF items.  Close but not the same.  The garrison cap is also cut slight differently than the AF Flight Cap; again, close but not the same.   

Second, since USCG is part of DHS, Civil Air Patrol does not have the same nation-wide clothing sales privileges we have with AAFES.  I looked up the CGEX's governing publications on USCG.mil, and discovered that access is basically at the discretion of the station commander.  When I visited CGES Mayport  a couple years ago, I bought some shirts and uniform accessories using my DoD ID, but I then showed them my CAP ID and asked if a CAP member that didn't happen to also be a military member would be able to buy uniform items there.  After some side discussions, both clerks agreed "that should be OK", which was not the firm policy I was hoping for.  I had intended to draft a letter to the station commander to get a formal answer, but that's somewhere in the to-do-when-I-get-the-time pile. 

Not a universal solution, but there are a slew of little (the total area Station Mayport is smaller than one of the two main parking lots at my son's HS) CG Stations all over the country, and by necessity, each has a CGEX that stocks a good selection of the basic uniform items.  Mayport didn't have any mess dress uniform items for sale, but did have almost all sizes of the male and female short- and long-sleeve AF shirts.  Worth checking out if you happen to be close to one.

PHall

Assuming you can get on the Coast Guard Station in the first place.

SarDragon

Quote from: GaryJSO on May 31, 2017, 01:26:44 AM
Vanguard's (IMHO) most horrendously over-priced uniform item has to be the Blue Short- and Long-Sleeve Shirt.  DLATS (Defense Logistics Agency Troop Support) sells these for $12-$18, varying by sleeve and sex.  Vanguard (and AAFES) sells an approved commercial version of these, allegedly of better materiel and workmanship (not my experience, but that's what the AAFES employees will tell you when you ask) for between $35 and $45.

I've been buying this stuff for many years, and the DLATS items are certainly of lower quality. That is true across the board for all the services.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

kwe1009

DLATS is the lowest quality by far.  You get what you pay for.  The AAFES counterparts are better quality but not always enough to justify the cost difference.

AlphaSigOU

DLATS clothing items are mostly made by UNICOR - Federal Prison Industries. They can only be issued at basic training or sold at military clothing sales stores. They are normally not sold to the general public, unless acquired by surplus.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

BHartman007

The prices are all listed on the Exchange website. You just need "the right friends" to be able to order them.

Wing Assistant Director of Administration
Squadron Deputy Commander for Cadets

J2H

SSgt Jeffrey Hughes, Squadron NCO
Glenn L. Martin Composite Squadron MD-031

LSThiker

Quote from: J2H on February 01, 2018, 10:02:23 PM
Any veteran can order on shopmyexchange.com

Not necessarily.  I cannot order Air Force uniforms that are DLATS--gives me a "You're not allowed to order this".  I can order Air Force items that are non-DLATS as well as Army items that are both DLATS and non-DLATS. 

Do not know if this is just a "me" thing or if other veterans are affected the same way.

SarDragon

I have encountered similar issues.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

PHall

As soon as my status changed to USAF Retired AAFES would not sell me uniform items online.
They have zero problem taking my money in person though. ::)

kwe1009

Quote from: LSThiker on February 01, 2018, 10:17:09 PM
Quote from: J2H on February 01, 2018, 10:02:23 PM
Any veteran can order on shopmyexchange.com

Not necessarily.  I cannot order Air Force uniforms that are DLATS--gives me a "You're not allowed to order this".  I can order Air Force items that are non-DLATS as well as Army items that are both DLATS and non-DLATS. 

Do not know if this is just a "me" thing or if other veterans are affected the same way.

Nope that is how the system is supposed to work for whatever reason.  Only active duty and current Guard and Reserves can order DLATS.