Main Menu

AAFES price list

Started by dogboy, June 09, 2010, 05:31:58 PM

ElectricPenguin

The overcoat is M204A not b. B is the all weather coat.

Edit: I think. It says so in the picture of it.

SAR Geek

Quote from: oak2007 on February 14, 2013, 03:14:47 PM
Here is another site I found to be less expensive

http://www.uniforms-4u.com/p-usaf-mess-dress-officer-uniform-11745.aspx

oak2007, what item is it that you have been getting from them at a lower price? looking over the website it appears that all of the prices are a lot higher than the ones listed earlier in this post.

Respectfully,

Chris

SarDragon

Considering that there's an eight month gap in posts, anything's possible.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

JC004

Would someone with current online AAFES access be willing to help with an updated price list?  I can give you a quick way to do it, so you don't have to type them all up. 

This information is very useful and can save members A LOT of money.

wacapgh

Quote from: JC004 on October 11, 2013, 07:17:38 PM
Would someone with current online AAFES access be willing to help with an updated price list?  I can give you a quick way to do it, so you don't have to type them all up. 

This information is very useful and can save members A LOT of money.

+1

I'm working on my "residence" lesson plans for the new Level 1, and I was putting together a cost comparison "Corporate vs. USAF". There's about a $200 difference between the old AAFES prices posted at the top and what is currently shown at u-4u.

SAREXinNY

What do you mean by "current online AAFES access"?  I'm able to see prices for items without logging in.

JC004

I didn't see that the catalog is accessible openly now.  The items say "Authorized military customers: Add to cart to view Exchange price."  What's the deal with being able to see the Exchange price, then?

SAREXinNY

What items are you not able to view prices for?  Anything in the USAF uniforms area has a price listed on my end.

a2capt

The military uniform prices have been visible for a while, the rest of the stuff isn't.
The prices visible jive with a visit to an Exchange last weekend.

JC004

They have A price, then they have that notice below it.  So what does it mean?  Anybody know?  Very strange that it'd be like "here's a price....now log in to see the price for authorized people."  Maybe we can just do quick links if all the prices are the same - a cheat sheet kind of thing.

Grumpy

Quote from: Seabee219 on June 11, 2010, 03:45:32 AM
I am on a budget like just about eveyone these days, so i was looking for a nice pair of dress shoes, and found my local uniform shop has a real nice pair that our FD uses for there class A. So I got a leather pair and a high gloss. you can check with yours to see if you can save money and get a nice looking shoe. but your list is nice... :clap:

Quartermaster has the high gloss uniform shoes for $29.00.  They were on sale this past week for $18.00.  I have several people who have them and they say they're great.

wacapgh

Quote from: a2capt on October 12, 2013, 02:46:32 AM
- EDIT-
The prices visible jive with a visit to an Exchange last weekend.

Close enough for general "Buy on the Base vs. Buy over the Internet" figures.

Thanks!

Grumpy

Quote from: JC004 on October 12, 2013, 03:05:34 AM
They have A price, then they have that notice below it.  So what does it mean?  Anybody know?  Very strange that it'd be like "here's a price....now log in to see the price for authorized people."  Maybe we can just do quick links if all the prices are the same - a cheat sheet kind of thing.

If you go into Clothing Sales be sure to check the prices.  They have a brand name short sleeve shirt (DS CP) that goes for $30 to $35 dollars and then they have one that I call the plain wrapper version that goes for around $17.00.  The difference is in the material blend but for what we do, the $17.00 works great for me.

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Grumpy on October 14, 2013, 05:20:38 PM
Quote from: JC004 on October 12, 2013, 03:05:34 AM

If you go into Clothing Sales be sure to check the prices.  They have a brand name short sleeve shirt (DS CP) that goes for $30 to $35 dollars and then they have one that I call the plain wrapper version that goes for around $17.00.  The difference is in the material blend but for what we do, the $17.00 works great for me.

Actually DSCP is the military issue shirt (shade 1550 polyester/cotton). (Defense Service Center Philadelphia, made from UNICOR prison labor); The commercial grade polyester/wool shirt (shade 1582) is almost twice as much as DSCP issue and is dry clean only. The DSCP shirt is wash and wear. Propper used to make the poly/wool shirt; don't know who does it now.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Grumpy

Look at that, 50/50 chance and I blew the brand :-\

SARDOC

If this is going to be a pinned post, is there anyway we can get a more current price list?

BuckeyeDEJ

I'm with SARDOC. No way are those prices right — my jaw dropped when I saw some of them, knowing the MacDill MCSS's prices are at least $20 higher on shirts.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

abdsp51

Are you guys offering to put the time and effort into compiling the list?

Eclipse

Frankly, does it even matter at this point? The only reason this, the catalogs, and the
instructions were needed was to allow members to place orders via the relatively convuluted process
that was available at the time.

AAFES isn't even an option for CAP members any more, and those who have access via
some other affiliation can use the search function for the prices.

If you're in the small group that has an MCSS available, then the items and prices are
in front of you, and if you aren't, it's irrelevant.

"That Others May Zoom"