Ham radio ticket finally cleared!

Started by Brad, May 29, 2010, 12:30:26 AM

Brad

Yep. My Tech ticket finally processed today, posted on the ULS on the FCC's website.

I am now KJ4VKC. My former squadron commander said that I'm a Verified Kangaroo Cleaner, heh. Saving up money to invest in a little VHF handheld. That or I may just ask my Wing DC if there's any old non-complient equipment that doesn't need to go back to DRMO that could be donated. Saves me shelling out money. I'm also gonna be testing around with Echolink in the meantime until I can get something actual in terms of radio.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

DBlair

DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

wuzafuzz

"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

AlphaSigOU

Congratulations! Already working on my General ticket and concurrent licensing with the Republic of the Marshall Islands (the V7/ prefix means I'm operating 'permanently' in the Marshall Islands).

A good VHF/UHF handheld is the Yaesu FT-60R; most ham radio supply shops sell it for about $200.

73, V7/KJ6GHO
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

maverik

KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

NER CC

Congratulations and welcome to the comm peeps!  N3AZP 8)
Col Dan Leclair

c172drv

John Jester
VAWG

dwb

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on May 31, 2010, 06:51:19 PMA good VHF/UHF handheld is the Yaesu FT-60R
This is the HT that I own, and I like it.  I don't practice the hobby much, but I do like to listen to the locals chatter, as well as using it to listen to police frequencies, and driver comms when I go to NASCAR races.

Chief2009

Congratulations! Now that I have a job and can afford my own HF rig, I'm working on my General, hope to be ready by Field Day! Echolink is really fun, I was at school in Dubuque, IA and running a net back home using it.

73, KC9HVX
"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" — Unknown
Dan Nelson, 1st Lt, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Illinois Valley Composite Squadron GLR-IL-284

ol'fido

Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

BTCS1*

C/2d Lt. B. Garelick, CAP

JoeTomasone

Welcome to the "other club"!

73, AB2M / YI9MV (Iraq) / FLCAP 47

coolkites

-73s KF7[redacted]        :clap:

NHQ-OS-126 Frank

Congratulations and 73's from Europe.

L X 1 M G    Frank
Deputy commander
Aerospace Education Officer
NHQ-OS-126 Spangdahlem AB
Germany
www.facebook.com/capspangdahlem
LX1MG

Major Lord

LT,

Congratulations! I think you will find the jump to General Class pretty easy, so you might want to consider taking a stab at it the next time a testing session rolls around. Extra Class is a bit more work, but it puts you in the most rarefied air of the Ham world!

Major Lord
p.s. As a Ham Radio products manufacturer, let me encourage you to also spend your kids college fund on ham gear!
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

AlphaSigOU

Here in the middle of nowhere - ahem, Kwajalein, Marshall Islands - we had our testing session at the ham shack tonight. The results:

V7/KJ6GHO/temporary AG

Passed the General and took the Extra, but I need lots of work before I try for the Extra class.

BTW, V7 is the amateur radio prefix for the Marshall Islands (permanently residing when added before the US call sign). Getting a Marshall Islands concurrent license one of these days... when Majuro gets their act together!
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040