Main Menu

Professional Development

Started by billford1, May 21, 2010, 02:57:20 AM

billford1

Recently my Squadron's PDO program got restarted. We were visited by a guy from National I think; Col Lehre. That guy was great. Our PDO is giving us training with Military bearing, customs and courtesies and basically the full program. Most of us have had some time with the Military and a few who haven't. Part of it is how to act around Cadets who have the Military structure. Maybe it'll make us better.

vmstan

I wish our unit would do something similar. I have been somewhat disappointed in CAP for it's lack of military-style training/courtesies among seniors.
MICHAEL M STANCLIFT, 1st Lt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer, NCR-KS-055, Heartland Squadron

Quote"I wish to compliment NHQ on this extremely well and clearly written regulation.
This publication once and for all should establish the uniform pattern to be followed
throughout Civil Air Patrol."

1949 Uniform and Insignia Committee comment on CAP Reg 35-4

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: Marshalus on May 21, 2010, 05:23:05 PM
I wish our unit would do something similar. I have been somewhat disappointed in CAP for it's lack of military-style training/courtesies among seniors.

Surely most mature adults join CAP just so they can wear a military style uniform, "yes sir/mam" one another, or salute one another >:D :angel: 

Perhaps a more important concept is "mutual respect" and leadership training which takes into consideration the unique dynamics of dealing with unpaid volunteers who may be called upon to perform some very important duties in our "Missions for America". 

RM