New Member of the Board of Governors

Started by bosshawk, May 03, 2010, 06:34:20 PM

bosshawk

Received an email from our Wing Commander this morning to the effect that CAPtalks very own Ned, Lt Col Ned Lee, has been appointed to one of the at-large positions on the CAP Board of Governors.  Congratulations, Ned.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

DBlair

DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

Spaceman3750

Many congratulations to you Lt. Col. Lee.  :clap:

CadetProgramGuy

uh-o....Captalk has a member on the Board of Governors?

Or is it that The BoG has a member in CT?

Congrats!!

JoeTomasone

Congrats Lt Col Lee!   As a congratulatory gift, I am having every uniform thread on CapTalk professionally printed and bound in a handsome, 35-volume set for you...     >:D

Cecil DP

Congrats!! You're the only non-o-6 to ever get the job. Is there a promotion that goes with it??
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

Ned

Quote from: Cecil DP on May 04, 2010, 02:03:09 PM
Is there a promotion that goes with it??

Nope.  No bling either.

I'm thinking about proposing a special hat, though.  8)

Thanks, everyone, it was a genuine surprise and a truly humbling moment when I received the call from Gen Courter. 

(I was at drill, and my Guard colleagues gave me a pretty hard time after overhearing my end of the conversation ("Yes, General . . . you're screwing with me, Ma'am, right? . . . When? . . .Yes, General.  Out here.")   ;) )

I will continue to engage here on CT and do my best to ensure that all of our voices are heard at the table.

Ned Lee

Fuzzy

If the vote ever comes up for the prince cut blues shirt... you know what to do  ;)

C/Capt Semko

BillB

If the NEC can have a pocket badge. Since the National Board can have a pocket badge. Jim Shaw needs to design one for the BoG so Ned can have some bling.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

IceNine

And it should be worn around the neck on an over sized golden dog chain about the size of a wall clock.

Congrats Col.  I'm sure you'll do us proud!

But don't think being a generally good fella is going to stop us from throwing the BS flag on the play  ;D

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

MIKE

Quote from: IceNine on May 04, 2010, 02:51:00 PM
And it should be worn around the neck on an over sized golden dog chain about the size of a wall clock.

Just like in Idiocracy... Does it come with a lifetime supply of Brawndo?
Mike Johnston

mynetdude

Quote from: MIKE on May 04, 2010, 03:17:27 PM
Quote from: IceNine on May 04, 2010, 02:51:00 PM

Just like in Idiocracy... Does it come with a lifetime supply of Brawndo?

Kinda reminds me of the Los Angeles plain cloth cops that wear those big blings around their necks doing busts and stuff.

BrianH76

That's terrific news.  I'm really glad to hear that a CP guy will have a seat at the big table.  Congratulations Ned!

vmstan

MICHAEL M STANCLIFT, 1st Lt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer, NCR-KS-055, Heartland Squadron

Quote"I wish to compliment NHQ on this extremely well and clearly written regulation.
This publication once and for all should establish the uniform pattern to be followed
throughout Civil Air Patrol."

1949 Uniform and Insignia Committee comment on CAP Reg 35-4

UWONGO2

One of my cadets told me that Mr. Lee is quite intimidating in person. I believe the exact words were, "He scared the crap out of me!"

The BoG won't know what hit 'em :) Congrats!