Main Menu

The Crew Dogs

Started by Wildblueflyer, March 05, 2010, 02:06:58 PM

Wildblueflyer

Does anyone know why The Crew Dogs comic was stopped?

davidsinn

I think he honked off somebody in his chain of command.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

SarDragon

You might drop Farva (AF Blues) a line. I think they're good buds.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Jerry Jacobs

AF Blues posted a little back that he had to take the site down and the least people looked into it the better.

Gunner C

I saw something on the site briefly before it was taken down.  He said (in effect) he only wanted to improve morale and didn't want to hack anyone off.  I think he stepped on his poncho and someone, in effect, ripped his lips off.  I don't think he'll be having any good days in the near future.  The last offerings in the strip weren't flattering to a general officer (can't remember who it was).

Spike

^ ah.....never a good idea to make reference to anyone in your chain of command, be it a statement or side jab.  In the past there have been article 15's for similar happening.  (Bill Clinton Jokes after he got impeached). 

Gunner C

Yep, the military is a great organization.  Just don't do anything that jeopardized "good order and discipline."  Anything that approaches that breach, is dealt with pretty quickly.

SarDragon

Quote from: Gunner C on March 06, 2010, 10:04:18 PM
I saw something on the site briefly before it was taken down.  He said (in effect) he only wanted to improve morale and didn't want to hack anyone off.  I think he stepped on his poncho and someone, in effect, ripped his lips off.  I don't think he'll be having any good days in the near future.  The last offerings in the strip weren't flattering to a general officer (can't remember who it was).

It looked to me like he was making fun of LeMay.

YMMV.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

a2capt

Bombs Away LeMay ... bombed the site shut. ;-)

Gunner C

I don't think it was "Bombs Away LeMay" who dropped the hammer on him (with being dead AND overweight).  It was the 4-star commander (commander of the new "Son of SAC" command).  It died pretty quickly when it got to that point.  I was wondering how he was getting away with that - it was kind of "pointed".  Made the 4-button look like an unschooled buffoon.  Gotta be careful with that stuff.

Edited to add:  Wow! You beat me with that LeMay reference by mere fractions of seconds.

a2capt

Quote from: Gunner C on March 07, 2010, 03:50:46 AM
Edited to add:  Wow! You beat me with that LeMay reference by mere fractions of seconds.

LOL, got me too.. I was like, "huh? where's my post!?!"

Platelet

Quote from: Gunner C on March 07, 2010, 03:50:46 AM
I don't think it was "Bombs Away LeMay" who dropped the hammer on him (with being dead AND overweight).  It was the 4-star commander (commander of the new "Son of SAC" command).  It died pretty quickly when it got to that point.  I was wondering how he was getting away with that - it was kind of "pointed".  Made the 4-button look like an unschooled buffoon.  Gotta be careful with that stuff.

Actually he is only a 3 - Star, the AF Global Strike Command GOC, and he has NO since of humour. That being said the strip in question was ROFLMAO funny and could have done a lot to ease the tension on the transfer of the base from AAC to AFGSC. I was shocked and disappointed by the reaction...and sadly it was CLEARED thru the base PAO before publication.

Platelet

Gunner C

Some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield.