Main Menu

CAP / USAF Logo

Started by winterg, February 18, 2014, 12:24:08 AM

Eclipse

Quote from: winterg on February 20, 2014, 01:20:44 PM
But, aren't most CAP symbols a version of the USAF one that has been altered in a way that changes the symbolism?  How is this one different?  But I agree that it would be nice if we were considered part of the total force.

Much of CAP's historical insignia are actually derivatives of Civil Defense insignia.

"That Others May Zoom"

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Eclipse on February 20, 2014, 08:58:13 PM
Quote from: winterg on February 20, 2014, 01:20:44 PM
But, aren't most CAP symbols a version of the USAF one that has been altered in a way that changes the symbolism?  How is this one different?  But I agree that it would be nice if we were considered part of the total force.

Much of CAP's historical insignia are actually derivatives of Civil Defense insignia.

What else besides our triangle/prop?

I remember back in the '70s when I was a little kid, the EBS TV "this is only a test" with the grating, drive-every-dog-within-20-miles-nuts EBS alert tone, when one of the local stations did it, the CD insignia displayed onscreen was actually in an inverted triangle.  I have never seen that before or since.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Eclipse

What else >is there< besides the tri-prop?

Pretty much everything features that prominently.

"That Others May Zoom"

flyboy53

What I find really interesting are the U.S. cutouts. Guess there is a precedent older than a CSAF approval.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: flyboy1 on February 23, 2014, 01:30:57 PM
What I find really interesting are the U.S. cutouts. Guess there is a precedent older than a CSAF approval.

Some State Guards take a similar route...superimposing their state abbreviation on the U.S. cutouts.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011