National WWII Museum Exhibit

Started by LtCol White, March 15, 2007, 05:10:24 PM

LtCol White

As some of you may know, New Orleans is the home of the National WWII Museum formerly known as the D-Day Museum.

On a recent visit, I noticed that there is no reference to CAP anywhere. This is an excellent opportunity to get some face-time for CAP. This museum is a huge draw.

The exhibits have videos of interviews with veterans, uniforms, displays and other items connected with various events from both the war and the homefront.

Would folks be willing to help work towards getting an exhibit at the museum and donate items for the exhibit? Of course this will have to involve NHQ Historian but I think this is definitely a worthy endeavor.

Your thoughts??

LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

Psicorp

I'm surprised by the ommission, sir.   Whenever someone talks about CAP (even our own National website), what we as an organization did during WWII is one of the prime things mentioned.

Absolutely CAP should be included.
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

Eclipse

There is a member of my squadron who, as his profession, designs aviation displays for museums.

If we have a legit connection to making something happen I would imagine he would be interested.

"That Others May Zoom"

LtCol White

OK great. I'm going to contact the museum to determine who the point of contact should be on this and make sure they are open to the idea. Once I have this, I'll contact NHQ's Historian and put the 2 together to get things rolling.

Its a great opportunity for our surviving folks who participated in the war to donate items where they will be displayed and preserved forever in a place of honor.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

LtCol White

Quote from: Psicorp on March 15, 2007, 06:15:28 PM
I'm surprised by the ommission, sir.   Whenever someone talks about CAP (even our own National website), what we as an organization did during WWII is one of the prime things mentioned.

Absolutely CAP should be included.

I guess one of the reasons for the oversight is that originally the museum was the D Day Museum and everything was centered around Normandy. Its only been the past couple of years that it was changed to be the National WWII Museum and started adding exhibits from the entire war.

Now is the opportunity to have CAP added into this.

LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

fyrfitrmedic

Quote from: LtCol White on March 15, 2007, 07:53:50 PM
OK great. I'm going to contact the museum to determine who the point of contact should be on this and make sure they are open to the idea. Once I have this, I'll contact NHQ's Historian and put the 2 together to get things rolling.

Its a great opportunity for our surviving folks who participated in the war to donate items where they will be displayed and preserved forever in a place of honor.

Good on ya!
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn