Job Opening - CAP Volunteer National IT Manager

Started by sardak, November 19, 2019, 05:59:40 PM

sardak

Rather than bury this in the CAPTCHA thread where the experts are in discussion, I'll leave this here:

Job Description
National IT Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
Serves as the primary "Voice of the Field", advising the Chief Information Officer and Deputy Chief Information Officer regarding the interaction of CAP members and the Civil Air Patrol's software application suite.
and many more.

Applications will be accepted until midnight CST on 1 Dec 2019.

https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/National_IT_Manager_4B607BCEF521E.pdf

Mike

Holding Pattern

Given all of my prior IT commentaries, I think I have to apply for this based on the "put up or shut up" rule.

Dangit.

NIN

Quote from: Holding Pattern on November 19, 2019, 06:44:54 PM
Given all of my prior IT commentaries, I think I have to apply for this based on the "put up or shut up" rule.

Dangit.

I've heard this refrain before. Consequently, my current National Staff position.

To quote Gunny Highway's CO: "Be careful what you ask for. You might just get it."

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

arajca

I guess I'm lucky - they haven't been soliciting for LG help.

jb3

It takes all of my IT skills just to reply to a CAPTalk post so I'm not the guy. But I applaud anybody who does apply for this position, and for all of the volunteers at NHQ.

James Shaw

Quote from: arajca on November 19, 2019, 09:28:47 PM
I guess I'm lucky - they haven't been soliciting for LG help.

We are in the same boat....no request for Safety either  ;D
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)