Staff not wanting me to promote

Started by NCRcadet, June 29, 2019, 06:02:17 AM

NCRcadet

The last 3 times i promoted all took place within a year and half because of my squadron not putting anything into e services. Right now I am a TSgt and looking to promote MSgt, i got everything done pt, drill, leadership, ae within a 1 month time frame. I wait a month hoping to see that I promoted, but there is no promotion, I wait a couple of weeks to email out about putting my required tests into eservices. I email, they said yeah will do it. I wait 3 weeks still nothing has been put in other than my tests i take online. This is a pattern that has been happening to me for a year and a half, and this problem only happens to me. I am starting to think my staff do not want me to promote. Other than not wanting me to promote they always put me in basic drill even though I am more than capable of doing advanced drill. In addition nothing gets passed up the chain of command and anytime I jump the chain of command I am yelled at. I've also had multiple meetings with my commander, and no changes have been made.HYA And as I said before this is only a issue to me. I don't know if I being whiny or what. But what should I do?

SarDragon

When you speak of your commander, is that the Cadet Commander, or the Squadron Commander (senior member)? When you speak of "staff", is that seniors or cadets? Knowing this will help us help you.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

NCRcadet

My cadet commander and cadet staff

MSG Mac

Is this a common problem for all cadets, or just you?  Have you received a F50, or counseling saying you need to improve in some areas?

CPFT, Character Development, and Safety are all manually put in by Senior Members. Talk to your Deputy Commander or Commander to ask why they're not inputting the information.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Eclipse

There is too much here to unpack and fix on a (non)anonymous interned forum.

It's time for you and your parents to familiarize your self with the regulation, and
then have a sit-down with the Adult Unit Commander.

For what it's worth, cadets have essentially zero say as to whether other cadets get promoted
("yeah, promotion boards"...doesn't change the above) That's by design.

If this isn't a drive-by, then you unit has serious issues not quickly or easily correctable without
replacing the current adult staff.

For those scoring at home, if you are eligible for promotion, don't wait "weeks" to ask.  Ask
immediately.
  People make legit mistakes, but that's not an excuse to delay a cadet who has a clock ticking.

There are very specific rules about the procedures and timing of cadet promotions, none are open to interpretation.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Check out the bolded text in the two replies above this one. Make it happen.
We're done here.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret