medical needs at encampment

Started by mprokosch11, June 29, 2006, 04:19:34 PM

mprokosch11

Who can I talk to for special medical storage needs at the 2006 New York Wing Encampment?
C/Capt Matthew A. Prokosch, CAP
New York Wing
Utica Cadet Squadron (NER-NY-162)

dwb

C/SSgt Prokosch,

You can talk to me!  What we usually do with in-flight cadets is ask them if they have any medical items (Rx drugs, diabetes supplies, etc.) that we need to be aware of.  In past years, we sent an inquiry form to the cadets before the encampment, and they mailed it back or carried it with them when they arrived.  Let me ask if we'll be doing that again this year, and get back to you.

Usually, only the medical staff and your TAC Officer (a senior member assigned to supervise your flight) will know about your specific medical conditions and needs.  If you're concerned about privacy, know that we do try to be as discreet as possible.

Bottom line: we are happy to accommodate you, and you will receive more guidance on this either before the encampment, or during in-processing.

On an unrelated note, I spent my cadet years in the Utica squadron, so it's nice to see participants from there!

Cheers,

mprokosch11

Thanks for your consideration and help. Also I did receive a form for any medications that you bring to the encampment, (I guess you give it to the person who searches your bas) but it didn't say anything about storage.

Thanks again,
New York Wing

dwb

Ah, good, I didn't think those letters had gone out yet.

Storage is available in the medical building.  I E-mailed a link to this thread to our Medical Officer, so he can add anything I may have missed.

mprokosch11

Capt. Brodsky,

Thanks a whole lot for your personal help and consideration.

Sincerely,
New York Wing

bricktonfire

i  take as controlled named ritalin does that have to be put in the medcal place?

C/Amn Cody Benac NY-406

Eclipse

First, I wouldn't be so quick to give our personal medical information like this in a public forum.

Second, that informaiton should be included in the Form 31, and let the Encampment CC tell you how to handle it.

"That Others May Zoom"

dwb

C/Amn Benac,

Don't worry, you won't be the first cadet to be on this particular medication.

Usually, we trust cadets to take their own meds, so at most, your TAC officer would check with you around the designated time to make sure you remembered to take it.

You'll need to register with the medical staff that you are on a prescription medication, but you'll be able to keep it on you (unless you feel more comfortable storing it with the medical staff).

Cheers,