Honor Guard Cord Wear Times

Started by ASLFirefighter, April 23, 2019, 05:01:08 PM

ASLFirefighter

I have taken some time looking through the regulations and I am a bit confused. So if a cadet has attended the national honor guard academy they will have been awarded the silver cord. Would the member only wear the cord during honor guard presentations or would they wear it all the times with their class A and B uniforms? Any input to help with my clarification would be appreciated.

Eclipse

The is no longer a "National Honor Guard Academy" - all HGAs are regional and the cadets who may have
attended the last HGA are no longer cadets.

The cord may be worn at any time cords are not precluded by UOD.

CAPM 39-1, Page 103:
https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/M391_E6F33EAAEC28A.pdf
"9.4.1. Shoulder Cords. Will only be worn by cadets on the USAF service uniform (Class A and B).
Not more than one shoulder cord will be worn at one time, and it will be worn on the left shoulder. Color
to be determined by the wing commander; except wing commanders will ensure that any other cords
authorized using colors present in para 9.3 are sufficiently different in construction from those cords sold
by Vanguard to avoid any misrepresentation of duty. Shoulder cords may be worn by cadets at all times
when in Class A or B uniforms
, and will be worn aligned along the left shoulder seam. If the garment has
an epaulet, the cord will be worn underneath the epaulet. "

Underlined the shoulder seam only because this is still a problem as evidenced in far too many photos.

"That Others May Zoom"

ASLFirefighter

ASLFirefighter

One last thing. Since there is no longer a national honor guard academy would MER Honor Guard Academy cadet graduates be permitted to wear the silver cord?

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"