Main Menu

Favorite Cadet Quotes

Started by Stonewall, March 16, 2013, 01:24:43 AM

Luis R. Ramos

Collins-

Was your flight at the time Charlie Flight as well?

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Nearly Dark Side

Eclipse

Mexico, Aden, Tonkin, or Panama?

"That Others May Zoom"

Luis R. Ramos

If any of you had a little time to look the Internet you could have chosen a specific brand.

A list of chocolate brands beginning with G:

Galaxy, Gardena, Gingembre, Glosette, Godiva, Golden Rough, Goobers, Green and Blacks, and Goya.

Think about it.

We are the Golf Galaxy!

Or

We are the Golf Goobers!
No, not very good.

We are the Golf Green and Blacks! This one goes with the uniform...

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer

UH60guy

Quote from: flyer333555 on December 13, 2013, 03:30:07 PM
A list of chocolate brands beginning with G:

Galaxy, Gardena, Gingembre, Glosette, Godiva, Golden Rough, Goobers, Green and Blacks, and Goya.

This reminds me of some funny quotes, though of course, the exact ones all slip my memory. Basically it's always fun when someone can't remember the phoenetic alphabet and is put on the spot. Usually it's conincident with the usual 50 point IQ drop upon keying a radio.

An example, loosely based on what I've heard:
"Ground this is ... "
"... this is Skyhawk November 1-2-3-4 Zebra in southwest parking. Request to taxi um... wait one."
" Request to taxi from parking via taxiways Fandango ... Glowstick ... Applebees? ... I don't even ... Snoopy? ... Elephant ... to runway 27 for VFR departure to the west."
Maj Ken Ward
VAWG Internal AEO

BHartman007

Quote from: UH60guy on December 13, 2013, 04:52:59 PM

..." Request to taxi from parking via taxiways Fandango ... Glowstick ... Applebees? ... I don't even ... Snoopy? ... Elephant ... to runway 27 for VFR departure to the west."

Wing Assistant Director of Administration
Squadron Deputy Commander for Cadets

Luis R. Ramos

That happens to everyone... or almost everyone at some point in their lives...

Today I called the USGS to reset the password so I could order two topo maps, and I start spelling my userid phonetically, got stuck on the next to last letter!

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer

ol'fido

Quote from: BHartman007 on December 13, 2013, 08:41:13 PM

..." Request to taxi from parking via taxiways Fandango ... Glowstick ... Applebees? ... I don't even ... Snoopy? ... Elephant ... to runway 27 for VFR departure to the west."

From Aviation Humor:

Allegedly the German air controllers at Frankfurt Airport are renowned as a short-tempered lot. They, it is alleged, not only expect one to know one's gate parking location, but how to get there without any assistance from them. So it was with some amusement that we (a Pan Am 747) listened to the following exchange between Frankfurt ground control and a British Airways 747, call sign Speedbird 206.
Speedbird 206: "Frankfurt, Speedbird 206 clear of active runway."
Ground: "Speedbird 206. Taxi to gate Alpha One-Seven." The BA 747 pulled onto the main taxiway and slowed to a stop.
Ground: "Speedbird, do you not know where you are going?"
Speedbird 206: "Stand by, Ground, I'm looking up our gate location now."
Ground (with quite arrogant impatience): "Speedbird 206, have you not been to Frankfurt before?"
Speedbird 206 (coolly): "Yes, twice in 1944, but it was dark,... and I didn't land."
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

a2capt

The local tower used to use Christmas themed replacements for the phonetic alphabet, for the ATIS releases, on the shift that operated on Christmas day, and add to the sea of colored lights at the airport with Christmas lights surrounding the tower.

Not sure why it stopped, probably some grinches. 

CAP_truth

Years ago  early 1960s  during a drill team training a 5 foot 1 cadet 2nd Lt. came up to a 6 foot 3 cadet airman and stated"
"Do you know what the penalty is for stepping on an officer is?
the smart a## cadet airman replied
"A promotion to 2nd Lt."

The airman DID NOT get the promotion.
Cadet CoP
Wilson

Pulsar

Quote from: CAP_truth on December 14, 2013, 04:44:48 AM
Years ago  early 1960s  during a drill team training a 5 foot 1 cadet 2nd Lt. came up to a 6 foot 3 cadet airman and stated"
"A promotion to 2nd Lt."

hahaha...I guess that would be a punishment...For an airman.
C/LtCol Neutron Star
PAWG ENC 2013/ AMMA 2014/ NER W RCLS 2014-5 [Salutatorian] / NER Powered Flight Academy 2015

"A fiery strength inspires their lives, An essence that from heaven
derives,..." - Vergil, The Aeneid

(C) Copyright 2013: Readers who choose to hardcopy my comments are entitled to specific rights, namely: you may print them off and read them repeatedly until you have memorized them and then rattle them off as if you had thought them up yourself; However if asked, you must say they were signaled to you from a neutron star.

ol'fido

Quote from: CAP_truth on December 14, 2013, 04:44:48 AM
"A promotion to 2nd Lt."

Make that airman a Cadet Colonel!! Anyone that eloquent should be promoted.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Garibaldi

On that note, one AE class I remember very well had our instructor telling us of the pranks SR-71 pilots would play on civilian control towers. The conversation would go something like this:
"_______ control, this is (made up name). Request clearance to 70,000."
"Ummmm...yeah. Clearance granted."
"Roger. Beginning our descent."

Made up or not, it was funny at the time.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

BHartman007

Quote from: ol'fido on December 14, 2013, 02:54:09 AM

From Aviation Humor:

Allegedly the German air controllers at Frankfurt Airport are renowned as a short-tempered lot. They, it is alleged, not only expect one to know one's gate parking location, but how to get there without any assistance from them. So it was with some amusement that we (a Pan Am 747) listened to the following exchange between Frankfurt ground control and a British Airways 747, call sign Speedbird 206.
Ground: "Speedbird 206. Taxi to gate Alpha One-Seven." The BA 747 pulled onto the main taxiway and slowed to a stop.
Ground (with quite arrogant impatience): "Speedbird 206, have you not been to Frankfurt before?"
Speedbird 206 (coolly): "Yes, twice in 1944, but it was dark,... and I didn't land."

That's a funny one, but Speedbird was the call sign for Concorde.

Wing Assistant Director of Administration
Squadron Deputy Commander for Cadets

PHall

Quote from: BHartman007 on December 22, 2013, 11:29:32 PM
Quote from: ol'fido on December 14, 2013, 02:54:09 AM

From Aviation Humor:

That's a funny one, but Speedbird was the call sign for Concorde.

No, Speedbird is the callsign for ALL British Airways flights. Has been since the 1950's.

And yeah, the Frankfurt controllers are an impatient lot. But since they control the busiest airport in Europe they're entitled.
They were very, very happy when we closed the military side of the airport (Rhien Main) and transferred it to Lufthansa.

Sleepwalker

Our late-middle aged Squadron Commander explained to the Cadets one day that they need to update their 'pace count' every 6 months or so because they are growing and it changes their body size.  He then stated that when people get his his age they need to think about updating their pace count regularl as well.  One of the young Cadets (as innocent and serious as can be) asked "is that because you start becoming forgetful?"         
A Thiarna, déan trócaire

nmkaufman0

My Squadron's C/C and our First Sergeant were missing for one meeting, and the Chiefs decided to have a drill down... in the aircraft hanger, in the winter. When there were 3 Cadets left (I was one of the 3  :)), he called us to attention and tried to make us break barring. The Chief went up to me and got me to laugh using a stupid face. He then went up to another Airman, and tried the same face. It didn't work. The Chief then tried some other trick. It didn't work. An Airman First Class stuck his tongue out at this Airman. He was still keeping military barring. Then, the Chief (who I don't think is gay, or at least doesn't fit any stereotypes) had an idea: he looked him straight in the eye, said in the most serious voice possible, "I have always loved you." 
C/A1C Nathaniel Mark Kaufman
Thunderbolt Composite Squadron

SarDragon

Quote from: nmkaufman0 on January 31, 2014, 03:47:04 AM
My Squadron's C/C and our First Sergeant were missing for one meeting, and the Chiefs decided to have a drill down... in the aircraft hanger hangar, in the winter. When there were 3 Cadets left (I was one of the 3  :) ), he called us to attention and tried to make us break barring bearing. The Chief went up to me and got me to laugh using a stupid face. He then went up to another Airman, and tried the same face. It didn't work. The Chief then tried some other trick. It didn't work. An Airman First Class stuck his tongue out at this Airman. He was still keeping military barring bearing. Then, the Chief (who I don't think is gay, or at least doesn't fit any stereotypes) had an idea: he looked him straight in the eye, said in the most serious voice possible, "I have always loved you."

FTFY.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: nmkaufman0 on January 31, 2014, 03:47:04 AM
Then, the Chief (who I don't think is gay, or at least doesn't fit any stereotypes) had an idea: he looked him straight in the eye, said in the most serious voice possible, "I have always loved you."

Why would that even cross your mind? I have a friend I haven't seen in over 6 years. I consider him a brother, and love him dearly. Oh, but I'm also married to a woman.

Pulsar

C/LtCol Neutron Star
PAWG ENC 2013/ AMMA 2014/ NER W RCLS 2014-5 [Salutatorian] / NER Powered Flight Academy 2015

"A fiery strength inspires their lives, An essence that from heaven
derives,..." - Vergil, The Aeneid

(C) Copyright 2013: Readers who choose to hardcopy my comments are entitled to specific rights, namely: you may print them off and read them repeatedly until you have memorized them and then rattle them off as if you had thought them up yourself; However if asked, you must say they were signaled to you from a neutron star.