Main Menu

Senior Recruiter Ribbon

Started by Pylon, June 07, 2005, 08:22:31 PM

Pylon

From what I understand of the passage from the CAPR 39-3 (E), Award of CAP Medals, Ribbons and Certificates, is - for the purposes of the cadet and senior recruiting ribbons - that getting members to join as an Aerospace Education Member does not count?

Quote from: CAPR 39-3 (E)
(2)  Senior Ribbon.  Awarded to senior members who recruit seven new qualified cadets or senior members for CAP.  A bronze clasp is awarded for each additional 10 members recruited.  A silver clasp replaces five bronze clasps.  Bronze clasps are not worn after the silver clasp is awarded.  An additional silver clasp is awarded for each additional 50 members recruited. Members recruited as a cadet may be included in....

Now here's a good question - why?   

Are our recruiting efforts towards Aerospace Education less worthwhile?  Should we not concern ourselves with that unless one happens to be a upper echelon Aerospace Education Officer?    ???
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Major_Chuck

Could be a number of factors.  I don't have the exact dates in front of me to address this, but I'll offer it up for discussion.

What is the date of CAPR 39-3?  Does it predate the creation of the Aerospace Education Member. 

A lot of times we will update one regulation not realizing how many others it effects.

It may be a simple oversight that can be corrected easily (in theory).  Suggest that CAPR 39-3 be ammended to recognize recruitment of AE Members for the next BoG meeting.

-Chuck
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

MIKE

We have an Aerospace Education mission?  ;D

Sometimes I wonder about AE.  Seems to take a back seat to Emergency Services and the Cadet Program.  Around here it seems we only do enough AE to prosecute the Cadet Program... Aside from AEPSM which is entirely self study there is no real AE program for to speak of for seniors.  External Aerospace Education, what the heck is that?
Mike Johnston

arajca

I am trying a project to combine several things into one event (two meetings). First, at a regular meeting, we will cover rocketry, the histry, some basics, pioneers, etc. This is open to the public and will be publicized. After the class (~45 min) cadets can take the CAP Model Rocketry stage 1 test, while guests get to talk to other members (recruiting). Then on Sat, we will have a rocket building and launch session - again, open to the public. The participants will get to build and launch at least two 'rockets' from stage1. Since we plan to have two air launchers, I think we'll have some drag races. ;D. The event on Sat should wrap up by lunchtime.

This qualifies as an external AE activity. Also, the cadets will be able to complete stage 1 of the model rocketry program.