Specialty Track Badge Command Pin

Started by LSThiker, September 01, 2015, 04:38:46 AM

lordmonar

Quote from: SarDragon on September 16, 2015, 11:06:23 PM
I almost always wear my ribbons on my aviator shirt. It's the only place I get to wear them. If I feel really dressy, I'll wear my PD badges. That seldom happens. Never got a command pin, so no need to worry about it.
Command pin is retro active....you could wear it (below the name tag) if you wanted to.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

SarDragon

Quote from: lordmonar on September 17, 2015, 12:26:11 AM
Quote from: SarDragon on September 16, 2015, 11:06:23 PM
I almost always wear my ribbons on my aviator shirt. It's the only place I get to wear them. If I feel really dressy, I'll wear my PD badges. That seldom happens. Never got a command pin, so no need to worry about it.
Command pin is retro active....you could wear it (below the name tag) if you wanted to.

Wasn't commander long enough, and got nothing official that sez so.  :(
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Luis R. Ramos

What is wrong with something screaming Look at me? You achieved it, flaunt it!
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

SarDragon

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on September 30, 2015, 12:57:12 PM
What is wrong with something screaming Look at me? You achieved it, flaunt it!

Excuse me, was that sarcasm, or support? If sarcasm, it failed miserably.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Luis R. Ramos

Nope, not sarcasm. If you achieve something i n real life, in CAP, or wherever. Show it. Why hide it? Are you afraid of someone getting upset at you? If so, that is their problem.
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

James Shaw

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on October 11, 2015, 01:23:49 PM
Nope, not sarcasm. If you achieve something i n real life, in CAP, or wherever. Show it. Why hide it? Are you afraid of someone getting upset at you? If so, that is their problem.

I wish more people looked at it that way. You have to dedicate alot of time and energy to earn what you have on your uniform. If the individual chooses not to wear their "achievements" on their uniform then that is fine. But I quit worrying about others opinions many years ago (other than my wife). It seems the closer I get to fifty the less I worry about what others think.

I was once told it was "prideful and ostentatious" to wear ribbons on the grey/white combo. people are entitled to their opinion....so be it. I will wear it when appropriate.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

SarDragon

Quote from: capmandone on October 11, 2015, 03:01:06 PM
I was once told it was "prideful and ostentatious" to wear ribbons on the grey/white combo. people are entitled to their opinion....so be it. I will wear it when appropriate.
To those people I say -  if I don't wear my ribbons on the grey/white combo, where am I supposed to wear them?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

PHall

Quote from: SarDragon on October 11, 2015, 06:42:28 PM
Quote from: capmandone on October 11, 2015, 03:01:06 PM
To those people I say -  if I don't wear my ribbons on the grey/white combo, where am I supposed to wear them?

To me, it's the occasion, not the uniform I'm wearing, that determines if I wear ribbons or not.
Weekly squadron meeting, no need.  Encampment graduation when I'm up on the reviewing stand with the rest of the Training Officers, yes.